Registration help

Need help obtaining a title or registration for my 69 R -685T. .. i bought the truck from my cousin that never registered it . He lost the paperwork in super storm sandy and don't remember the guys name he got it from or what state the paperwork was from. He thinks either NJ or PA. I had a friend that is a cop run the vin nationwide and it comes back not on file. What do I need to do?

post-14937-0-14417000-1369066952_thumb.j

Might need to contact your local DMV and see if they can research previous owner. Put in for lost title? That way you might get a line on last registered owner and see if you can get them to sign it over legally.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

New York changed from tranferable registrations to Titles about the mid 70's so yours should be pre title which makes it easier

For Pre Tile vehicles, go to the NYDMV with ALL the paper work that you have, a NYDMV Bill of Sale and NYDMV Sale Tax form, with you cousins signature and a clear tracing of the VIN. ( I also would also just to be on the safe side bring a Notarized affidavit that all of HIS paperwork was destroyed by Sandy ) If all is in order NYDMV will issue a 6 or 12 month Non Transferable Registration for it. When the registration comes up for renewal and nothing indicating a stolen vehicle or a lien has appeared in the initial period, the NYDMV will issue a transferable registration. I did this with a few vehicles over the past 10 years. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ny is pretty easy. pencil etching of frame vin, few papers and you have a registration. your better off without a bill of sale actually to in Ny

The paper work needed seems to depend on the NYDMV you go to. Went to the Huntington DMV with a tracing and they wanted a bill of sale and my hat size. . . went to Riverhead and all they wanted was a Registration application form and a Tracing of the VIN . Best to have the extra paper work and not need it ,than need it an not have it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE