Australian Heavy Haul

other dog

Four to pull and two for added braking I believe. Impressive!

Wonder if it came from a closed mine in the States. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Can someone explain how the front 4 rigs work? If it were a train, there would be multiple unit controls in the leading unit that controlled the functions of all the other locomotives in consist. How do these rigs coordinate their power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

Can someone explain how the front 4 rigs work? If it were a train, there would be multiple unit controls in the leading unit that controlled the functions of all the other locomotives in consist. How do these rigs coordinate their power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TEAM WORK!!! :P

:mack1:

Geez, two E9 powered Superliners could move that easy!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Hah- go to OD's first picture. Think those tie down chains on that bucket are anything but decorations? :)

On another note I wonder how many hydraulic pumps these things have? I imagine one for each function?? Biggest thing I've ever run is a PC 300-can't imagine sensation of curling the bucket on this thing-then again, you are not worried about "feeling" for a buried conduit! :D

• Like 1

Hah- go to OD's first picture. Think those tie down chains on that bucket are anything but decorations? :)

On another note I wonder how many hydraulic pumps these things have? I imagine one for each function?? Biggest thing I've ever run is a PC 300-can't imagine sensation of curling the bucket on this thing-then again, you are not worried about "feeling" for a buried conduit! :D

Possibly - and they would have to be big at that. Think of the gallons per minute it would take to operate those cylinders.

post-1374-0-88132200-1413725019_thumb.jp