Etech 427 cuts power briefly while going up through gears

I have an 01 Etech 427 with new 100 HP tune in ECM and Rochester stage 2 injectors and Vision high performance turbo. While accelerating under load it will just briefly hicup around 1550 rpm then come right back. With cruise on in rolling hills once under strain the malfunction light will come on and power will cut for about 1 second then goes right back to full power. May do this 2 or 3 times before cresting hill. Its like when torque reaches certain level it backs it down briefly. With these mods the power has increased considerably but this is annoying. Any one have an idea of what's happening and how to elemenate it. Thanks

• Like 1

Maybe the computer thinks the turbo is overboosting/ Speeding, Hell Idk. Something has it tripping. What are your EGT's? Next big question is the truck govern'd and is it bumping the governor? Other then that I have no clue

Check the speedo sensor adjustment and also go over these 2 bulletins. I have seen these issuses happen and not turn on the check engine light but log it for a few seconds in a laptop. The first version of the 9-2 bulletin it had us checking the starter, as if the starter was orignal, they had issuses in the solonid shorting out when the motor leaned due to torque under a load. They took that part out of the bulletin though and I cant find the orignal.

3-4 stumble.pdf

9-2 code.pdf

Thanks for replies. Been extremely busy as of late and hadn't had time to get back on here. My hickup at 1550 I have found is in the throttle. There is a fine line between moderate acceleration and game on. And as revs increase I was creeping of the throttle and crossing that line. Holding throttle steady now and it doesn't happen. Still cuts power when in a hard pull and giving it lots of throttle but that's got to be some kind of tourqe limiter. Any way it doesn't need to be pushed that hard to do a good job. Left a big cat powered Pete behind from stop light yesterday while I was grossing 82000 so I'm very happy with my Dog.

• Like 1