What hub is this?

post-17290-0-07624700-1411793658_thumb.jpost-17290-0-07499900-1411793685_thumb.j

I would think you have 44's not because they have six bolts but as far as I know 44 and up have those type of axles

Here is a picture of mine because I have 58's and they have 8 stud and are chrome with a slight tint of rust these days they always weep oil out from the center where the welsh plug is have had a couple of goes at trying to fix it over the years but it dosnt drip it just sought of stays wet but not wet to touch I guess its rust proofing perhaps

As you can see the spring in mine is huge it would be twice as big as 34's or 38's and at least half as big again as 44's rides as rough as guts when Im bob tail but once theres a trailer on it smooths right out I have thought about taking leaf out of the springs to try and improve the ride but then I just think man a bit Paul

Paul

I'm also for 44's.

Here's what I have on my 1945 NR.

If you really want to fit baby moon's you may fabricate any bracket to put under hub cap bolts. They're long enough for.

But I have neither ideas on where to find ready ones. Those caps are pretty high to be covered with crome covers though.

post-3971-0-05875300-1411805049_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

the cone hubs are called ''full floaters'' which means the axle is double splined and floats in the cap. never seen any reasoning in the hubs. use to be 5 spokes were 34's, 6 spokes were heavier. I have seen 44's with 6 and 8 nuts. every 38 I ever saw only had 5 nuts. the newer 38's with buds had 8 nuts but didn't have 5/8ths studs.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

And, from a manufacturing standpoint, not having the flange on the axle shaft is a huge time/cost savings.

And it's easier to pull the broken axle pieces and continue on my our way. I know first hand, that's way my broom handle / axle pusher is always with me. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

And it's easier to pull the broken axle pieces and continue on my our way. I know first hand, that's way my broom handle / axle pusher is always with me. Paul

Yep! We carried a broom handle & spare axles in our trucks. The axles, & the occasional U-joint, were the only things I ever personally saw break out back. I never once saw a differential break in one of our Macks.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."