Pics for this week

Superdog

Some nice looking tractors. I've been buying a few 40 foot shipping containers, got 5 need 5 more to complete the walls. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I hope those are cheaper out your way than they are here. I'd like to have some of those myself,but you can almost buy 3 trailers for what they want for one container

Damn how cheap can you get trailers? I was looking at several trailers lately, cheapest was $1500 and needed tires, doors and roof work.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

in this area,40' containers are $3500 to $4500 plus delivery. I gave $2200 for a roadworthy '87 Fruehauf 48'x102",nice and dry,slider,budd wheels ,with near new tires,off brand but no caps about 2 months ago,and just got this old 40' for $1000,good ,dry trailer also,but just had 4 tires,1 new cap,other 3 were 25 %.

I've been getting cast offs from a storage rental company on L.I. and Cosco. I'm doing 2 deep and 2 high for the side walls of my building and pair of forty footers stacked for the rear wall. ( steel trusses for the roof supports. That give me about a 65 deep by 40 foot wide shop on a 90 x 60 slab made from pre stressed concrete sections. I end up with a decent size shop with 8 fire proof storage rooms and machine shop / welding room plus one for stuff. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've been getting cast offs from a storage rental company on L.I. and Cosco. I'm doing 2 deep and 2 high for the side walls of my building and pair of forty footers stacked for the rear wall. ( steel trusses for the roof supports. That give me about a 65 deep by 40 foot wide shop on a 90 x 60 slab made from pre stressed concrete sections. I end up with a decent size shop with 8 fire proof storage rooms and machine shop / welding room plus one for stuff. Paul

Send me some pics when you are done,that sounds very interesting.

Send me some pics when you are done,that sounds very interesting.

I'll be down there in 2 weeks for the first 1/2 section of the slab to be done so I'll get a few photos. The Containers average 1500 to 2500 depending on damage and if the doors are intact. Doors don't matter as they'll be bolted together at the door openings to make 80 foot long "rooms". Sections cut out for side access doors are used to fix gashes and sections the are holed or severely dented. The entire shop comes in about $40 grand including a metal roof, less a roll up door and the Quartz heating system. The quartz heating system heats objects not the air, less energy and simpler equipment. As for lighting, I've been buying 8 foot florescent fixtures used from contractors doing over stores on L.I. for 5 to 7 bucks a piece. Cleaning and some rewiring and I've got a good light units. Got 11 Steel Fire doors and frames from the local K Mart rebuild for $25 a piece. Yeah, I am "frugal" Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE