RD888SX in CA

jdfordhd

I hope I can get this one back from the boys and over to the fire dept. I haven't found the preview site yet.

Do you mean you can't click on my link or you can't find the site for local government agencies to acquire US surplus? If the latter, it is too late for this truck, I think..! It is already listed to sell to the highest bidder and I predict it will go pretty high.!!
  • Like 1

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"

What a cool truck!!! See that frame… wow ! I don't think it would be too hard to get that beauty looking like the day it rolled out of the Oakville assembly plant.

Lets see, 4000 Km from my place.

Never happen.

I hope someone that appreciates it, ends up with it.

Keith

• Like 2

Keith 

That could be when The Persian Gulf War started and the US Gov. basically took every RD800 out of Mack's stock for Tank transporters.

I think that was around the same time but could be wrong. They even took used RD800's out of the market for Military use.

Correct me if I'm wrong with the timing boys because this would be one of those trucks.

Excellent find. I wish.......

• Like 2

I think you might be right bbigrig that would be the right vintage for the Persian gulf war. 85snowdog that would be a good truck for you since it was built not far from you or me either. If my dam lottery numbers would come in I'd be on a plane with cash in one hand and a dealer plate in the other.

• Like 2

That truck would be ruined if you took off the 24'' rubber,that help's make it the monster it is :twothumbsup:

. I would definitely take the 24's off the front and they would be replaced with something fat and tubeless. I'm sure it would require a hub change. The rears would stay.

Well it is up to $5750 right now with the biggest jumps to take place right at closing. I was really considering goin' for it, so I did some research. The VIN reveals a 6.73:1 rear ratio. Even with the tall 24" rubber, cruisin' at 1900 RPM, this truck would top out at 40 MPH assuming it is not an OD transmission..!! What a long trip to TN..!! Having it hauled would be my only option, which I feel rules it out..! Would make a helluva dump truck.!

• Like 1

Well it is up to $5750 right now with the biggest jumps to take place right at closing. I was really considering goin' for it, so I did some research. The VIN reveals a 6.73:1 rear ratio. Even with the tall 24" rubber, cruisin' at 1900 RPM, this truck would top out at 40 MPH assuming it is not an OD transmission..!! What a long trip to TN..!! Having it hauled would be my only option, which I feel rules it out..! Would make a helluva dump truck.!

yep did some check of my own that fact that its gotta be gone in 10 days or the property returns to them even though you have paid for it sought of soured the deal for me as Im in Australia might take a few weeks to get it out and to a holding yard its to risky to leave it for someone else to pickup the amount of times one gets let down with the parts coming and arrives three days late wouldnt do much good for me I can just imagine someone turning up three days late to pick it up to much money to risk like that

Paul

• Like 1

I bid $28k and change. The last one I had I sold to Africa for $30k in 2009. It had 90k miles on it. I received calls for 2 years after offering more for the truck. But when you add the 10% premium, $5-6k transportation to Florida for me, $1-3k repairs and clean up minimum. It takes a $50k sale price to make it work. And if you told me it sold later for $60k it wouldn't surprise me. But the risk was outside my comfort zone too.

Cheers,

• Like 1

I'm surprised that an EUC was not required. All the 5 tons and 2 1/2 tons I've had could not be sold outside the continental US. I'm guessing it's the difference between military specific and civilian type vehicles.