Workin on my "patina"...

I'm not familiar with treating metal with linseed oil bigdog. But I am thinking it would be a good rust preventative for the cab. Everything

else on the trucks gets crown rustproofing.

Would I just wipe it on, then wipe off excess?

When I wash the truck would I be washing the linseed off?

I also wanted to thank you, You mentioned chassis saver to me. I replied I had to find out what the Canadian equivalent would be.

Turns out I can buy your chassis saver here. I recently painted the frame of my snowplow with it. I agree with you, good stuff.

Keith

• Like 1

Keith 

Glad you like Chassis Saver,love that paint!You can use the linseed as a rust proofer also,the aviation industry used it for many years on airframes.I rub it on then wipe off the excess,after that rub it out with a second rag.Make sure to get "boiled linseed oil",it has drying agents in it.I'm sure if you wash the truck a lot it would have to be re done after a while but a little bit goes a long way.I did an old Chevy truck with it a year ago that sat outside this whole time and it looks like the week I did it.

Sold the Chevy a little while ago,was an original paint 1970.Nice thing is once this stuff cures you could rub against it with a white t shirt and nothing will get onto it!You won't get dirty or need a tetanus shot while enjoying your truck,finish looks like it's satin cleared :twothumbsup:.Yarnall your red White would be a great candidate for this also(if you still have it).Here's a door pic from this afternoon,drying up nice after some time and a few more rubdowns.

post-2598-0-01384800-1411126952_thumb.jp

post-2598-0-26498300-1411166620_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Looks like we have more than chassis saver in common.

I had a 70 chev too. A CST (custom sport truck) It came from North Carolina. I did a frame up restoration. I loved that truck.

Sold it at Carlisle so I could by a 1979 Brigadire. Wasn't one of my smartest moves.

I am going to get some boiled linseed oil, and be careful what I do with the rags.

Thanks

Keith

post-17364-0-98443700-1411172496_thumb.j

• Like 1

Keith