R doors weather striping

ok I ordered new weather striping for the rw. what I got were 4 pcs. of striping the same length. upon removal of the regulator and side glass this appears to be wrong. looks like to me that I need one long and one short weather strip. I looked at watts site but it didn't call out part # to check against what I got. Can some fellow mack brother help me out? thanks Rob

I assume they sold you 4 pieces of 440SX30A (or perhaps it's sold under a Volvo global part number now).

The 440SX30A is for the tracks in the door panel and the upper section (you'll need to cut/shorten that piece).

However the vent window felt is different and is (was) sold under a vendor number, 2795-170014005.

You only use the included brass retaining clips on the door panel tracks.

I'm coming up with 2 and 1/2 strips per door. One strip does back and top of door, one strip does front of side window and gets cut in half. then I still need 1/2 a strip to do the rear lower guide. does this sound right?

No. You do NOT use the 440SX30A in the vent window track. That requires an entirely different window felt. Your Mack dealer should have sold it to you, in addition to the 440SX30A (You'll see the 2795 vendor part number for the vent window felt when you look at the parts break-down of the 84QS55R and 84QS56R vent window assemblies).

You cut one piece of 440SX30A in half to do the tracks on the removeable door panel.

You take the remaining piece to to the upper door (without using the including brass retainers). You'll have a bit left over, which you cut off and throw away.

Why aren't you replacing the roll-up window wipers, 70QS33 and 70QS34 (outer) / 35RU223 and 35RU224 (inner) ?

I guess I will see what comes with freight tomorrow, parts man would make swift driver trainee. online parts break downs are far over rated ! why will any equipment manufacture give out cd's with parts but a truck builder guards them like fort knox?

I am replacing the window wipers once the parts guy gets me the outer wipers instead of 4 interior wipers. that part is a no brainer except for the parts man. can you tell I'm happy about a 330 mile round trip drive to get the wrong parts!

• 2 years later...
On 25.09.2014 at 2:11 AM, doubleclutchinweasel said:

70QS33 - RH Inner Weatherstrip (along window)

70QS34 - LH Inner Weatherstrip (along window)

35RU223 - RH Outer Weatherstrip (along window)

35RU224 - LH Outer Weatherstrip (along window)

44SX30 - Generic Pieces for Window Tracks (2 sections per door, I believe)

Any of these look good to anybody?

Damn, this above seems to be wrong.

Right now I recieved 35RU223 and 35RU224 and they are pretty sure the inner wipers.

If you look at Kscarbel's post higher above he stated that exactly that way.

Sure not the end of the world, everybody makes blunders. I will re-order the parts. Just no way for me to get those I recieved back and no need in the inner ones. Along with a need of the outer's.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012