Gauge lights not working

Fuses , grounds and as dumb as it sounds the gauge light dimmer. I some how dimmed the gauge lights with out realizing it and went nuts looking for the cause. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Fuses , grounds and as dumb as it sounds the gauge light dimmer. I some how dimmed the gauge lights with out realizing it and went nuts looking for the cause. Paul

Don't feel bad, at least you found the problem without spending money.

A customer had a wrecker deliver his truck to us because he could not start the engine. Ended up it was missing a fuse. A driver in another truck jumped into this one to pull a fuse because his radio didn't work. $450 to find out it was missing a fuse. Ouch!

• Haha 1

remove the "glove box" cover. reach in behind the gauges and see if you can wiggle some wires and get them to work. My truck had that problem EVERY morning for a little while

also, do any of your marker lites work?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Dash light switch? Is there voltage to it? From there it goes to dimmer switch. No voltage to dash switch then your issue is from the switch to the fuse panel. If yes for voltage to and out of switch and no to dimmer the issue is between the two. Not sure how the circuit branches out after the dimmer switch without a diagram.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Having similar problem except marker lights go out as well as tail lights and dash,with the flip of the headlight switch. All lights come on then quickly fizzle out and only headlights remain on. Replaced the headlight switch and problem still arise, in addition the left signal light in dash stays on even though indicator is not in left position. Left headlight is dimmer than the right and bright light light indicator in dash is faintly lit. Please help

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 1996 Mack RD600. The other day I would turn the key and have full power, the truck would start and everything on the dash would work. Now all my gauges are frozen, my Jake brake won’t turn on, my ac won’t work and my strobe light switch is on the dash and that won’t work either. All the lights inside and outside do work though. I’ve shut the truck on and off and sometimes everything works. Any ideas?