H Model Day

Nice turn out! Glad to see the Green H Wrecker done. I saw in in the Winchester Show a few years ago in as found condition. Lot of H models were used in NYC area as Cement Mixers. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Wow, looks like a good day :twothumbsup:

I'm too surprized seing so many H's at one time.

I'm shure not an expert of American truck market but keep my eye on them.

What was the truck with the red cab next to two H's on the 3rd pic?

The cab seems to me as British Scammel/Leyland.

Aren't they rare beasts overthere at you?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Wow, looks like a good day :twothumbsup:

I'm too surprized seing so many H's at one time.

I'm shure not an expert of American truck market but keep my eye on them.

What was the truck with the red cab next to two H's on the 3rd pic?

The cab seems to me as British Scammel/Leyland.

Aren't they rare beasts overthere at you?

That's the only one i've ever seen, it's at a lot of truck shows around here. I took this picture of it in Troutman, N.C. in 2007.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

There was one overhere. The guys who towed the MH to me had it in their yard to make a local job. Told it was British army recovery truck. Was imported from GB not long ago and redone into LHD RHD common steering. I looked over it having the reason to get it for the papers because nobody here can find a difference between Scammel and most old Mack. They rated that beast way toooo pricy.

post-3971-0-40196600-1410718738_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-48890100-1410718763_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

That's the only one i've ever seen, it's at a lot of truck shows around here. I took this picture of it in Troutman, N.C. in 2007.

attachicon.gifscammell.jpg

I think he bought that in the UK about 5? years ago..... 265hp Rolls Eagle IIRC

remember them well and avoided them when I could, non tilt cab with access through the swing rad, the ride was as rough as a horse and cart on a cobbled road.... some 'adventurous' guys even took them all the way to the Middle East and back in the 70's... and then had to rebuild them before the next trip. Crusader wreckers are very common as the Brit army demobbed many in the late 80's....

oh, and the yellow one is considered to be a delux international sleeper cab..!!!!

BC Mack

post-10384-0-91755100-1410740802_thumb.j

post-10384-0-37460500-1410740841_thumb.j

• Like 1

Vlad

Yes it is a Scammell

OD

Thanks for posting the picture of the Scammell..I have one also.. Brad has had it for several years now. I am glad the show moved to Sept.. The last year it was in July it was 110 to 115 degrees in that sun..

Vinny

Brad must have a lot of Mack parts stored around..but not as many as Mike H.. I do not remember having seen a U model at his show??

• Like 1

Brocky