Diesel Nationals at Englishtown Raceway Park

JTFormula

Anyone going to the show this weekend? Ill probably get there around 10am. I live about 30 miles from there but I haven't been to this one yet. I already know its going to be a bunch of pimped out Pete's and pickups but heck it's close.

If the General ran I would. I haven't got to the bottom of the reason why it stalled and won't start yet. I've focused on my rollback to get that on the road first. That will make money. This is just a toy.

I had full hopes of driving it up there then to Gerharts but it looks like another year and no shows.

Since June. The battery's are dead now. I have to charge them. Next I have to blow some air Down the pickup line into the tank to back blow anything that might have clogged. If I get it fired I have to drain and clean the tanks.

• Like 1

We went. Rain stayed off till about 2:30 or 3. Was mainly light. Stopped around 6 but the dew point was too high so the track crew couldn't get it dry even though they spent hours trying to. Better with the pickups on the parking side of the track to keep them out of the truck area. Good amount of Macks compared to previous years. Next they need to ban air horns and excessive jake brake use and it will be a good event.

• Like 1

Matt

Ive never been to this show before. I heard it was a lot of pimped out Petes and pickups so once I heard rain, I figured forget it. If I could have taken the General it would have been a different story.

Bigdog - my biggest problem is no experience with diesels, especially large trucks. I'm limited with what I can do and I don't have friends around here who can help besides my diesel mechanic, which requires payment. Money has been a little tight lately since I have been fixing up my rollback. The other issue is time. Ill get to it. I just don't know when.

2stack- Did you take pictures?

• Like 1

Ive never been to this show before. I heard it was a lot of pimped out Petes and pickups so once I heard rain, I figured forget it. If I could have taken the General it would have been a different story.

Bigdog - my biggest problem is no experience with diesels, especially large trucks. I'm limited with what I can do and I don't have friends around here who can help besides my diesel mechanic, which requires payment. Money has been a little tight lately since I have been fixing up my rollback. The other issue is time. Ill get to it. I just don't know when.

2stack- Did you take pictures?

I mainly took pictures of the Macks and older trucks but heres the link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125349217@N03/sets/72157647178493300/

• Like 2

Matt

I just found this thread. Great shots posted on your Flickr account!

Too bad the rain spoiled an otherwise great show. I was too busy working the race/show gate that I didn't get a chance to walk around. There was a nice mix of old iron this year.

I really wanted to see those chaps from England run that JCB wheelie backhoe!

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)