Hi,

I hope you can help with a question.

I am having a sleeper installed on my R Model and the installers need to know how the cab will sit with the cab air bag pumped up. Unfortunately I have no tanks or fuel lines attached to the truck as it has been stripped for painting so I can't start it.

I don’t own a stand-alone compressor but could bring another truck on site and attach its air outlet to the R Model’s air tank.

Do you think that will work to pump up the air bag or is it likely that a valve somewhere along the line will prevent the air from reaching the bag without the truck on?

Otherwise I will have to just put a bottle jack under the cab and lift it to what I believe to be the operating height.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

if you plumb into the wet tank it will work just fine! mine levels at just over 60psi. The wet tank is the one behind the cab, facing front to back of the truck if you plumb into the tanks under the battery box one side or the other will level the cab. I think the cab is plumbed off of the secondary tank. if you get the wrong tank the check valves wont let it work.

• Like 2

if you plumb into the wet tank it will work just fine! mine levels at just over 60psi. The wet tank is the one behind the cab, facing front to back of the truck if you plumb into the tanks under the battery box one side or the other will level the cab. I think the cab is plumbed off of the secondary tank. if you get the wrong tank the check valves wont let it work.

Awesome - thanks

• 9 years later...