San Francisco

Timothy Maikshilo

Hello everyone, I haven't been on much of late due to my work schedule away from home but gotta love Labor day weekend! Kristen and I are headed to NZ to see our son Max the weekend after Thanksgiving. We'll have a seven hour layover in San Francisco. Never have been there and would anyone have some idea's for us? Thanks! Tim

Plenty to do in Frisco! many good places to eat,i really recommend Fishermans Wharf! doesn't run all year,but it's neat to take the boatride/tour of Alcatraz too!......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

What 386 said, china towns cool try the cable cars, and if you go to the warf remember your about 4 blocks where the chase scene from Bullit with Steve McQueen. The fort under the bay bridge was nice. We ate at Joe's Crab Shack there was this bush man, he would sit behind a branch of leaves he cut from a tree and scare people as they walked buy, pretty funny. As for all the news lets you believe it was a realy nice town.

What 386 said, china towns cool try the cable cars, and if you go to the warf remember your about 4 blocks where the chase scene from Bullit with Steve McQueen. The fort under the bay bridge was nice. We ate at Joe's Crab Shack there was this bush man, he would sit behind a branch of leaves he cut from a tree and scare people as they walked buy, pretty funny. As for all the news lets you believe it was a realy nice town.

Thanks for all the great ideas! Kristen is always scared to be to far from an airport when we travel but I'll be damned if I'm sitting around for 7 hours. We are going to do something fun while we wait.

7 hours isn't much time. The airport is north of the city so a cab or limo would probably be the best way to get into town. Once you get down by the Presidio you will have access to most of the tourist type things to do such as the cable cars, Fisherman's Wharf, and Ghradelli's chocolate.

Like most cities SF can be quite difficult to get around unless you know the "lay of the land". If I were you I would think about setting up some type of guided tour with a limo company. The driver should know where to go and it would free you from worrying about getting back to the airport on time.

Enjoy the trip.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

...and if you feel really adventurous you could get a bunch of raincoats and some glue, make a raft out of them, inflate it on the way to Alcatraz, find a makeshift paddle, and when you get there launch the raft and see if you can escape. :loldude: ...just a thought. (Paul Van Scott,1953)

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Prolly not enough time to visit the Haight -Ashbury district.

BWDeadHaightAshbury_lg.jpg

Have a nice trip!

Would that be the Animals Jim?

Or check out super curvey Lombard St.

Lombard St. would be on the list!

If I throughout you would have the time I'ld give you a name of a great chinese restaurant in San Fran.If you do make it to Fishermen Wharf there is a good place to eat at.

A good meal before a twelve hour flight would be a great idea!