Where can I find a list if all Mack models over the years and what the Model number means, I am new to Mack line-up so would be interesting.

Trucksplanet.com has all the Mack models and years produced, great reference source. But here is the list they have;

Concept vehicles
Military vehicles
Offroad vehicles
Special vehicles
Unknown vehicles
Vehicles from movies
  • Like 2

John Montville's 1973 book, "Mack", has an appendix that lists model production up to that time. According to to Mr. Montville, the production list was provided by Mack Trucks.

The list shows model, years of production, and number produced. For example, it lists: "B" Fire - 1954-1966, 908 produced; "C" Fire - 1959-1969, 1046; "N" Fire - 1960-1963, 5; and

"F" Fire - 1965, 2. The "F"s, of course, were the Super Pumper and Super Tender. All other models are listed the same way.

bulldogboy

P.S. Harvey Eckart's book, "Mack Model C Fire Trucks" lists the years produced as 1957-1967 which I believe is the correct time frame. He also lists the production number as 1055.

• Like 1

Trucksplanet.com has all the Mack models and years produced, great reference source. But here is the list they have;

Concept vehicles
Military vehicles
Offroad vehicles
Special vehicles
Unknown vehicles
Vehicles from movies

lots of typos/errors in there

• Like 1