Air Ride on a Dump Trk

Brandt

Looking at regearing and getting away from the spoke hubs. Found a cut-off set in a salvage yard today for $2500. They are from a 2003 Mack (mdl unkn) and have a 3.94 gearing, hub pilot. I like the idea of a smoother ride but will the air ride be stable enough and durable enough for a 12 yd dump truck?? Having just changed the air springs on my Western Star - they are 1000% easier than changing a leaf or leaf pack on a camelback.

I am thinking of putting the air ride set up under a '91 RD 690 that currently has camelback. The spec sheet calls my axles SS440C and the carrier CRDPC92/CRD93. Does this mean they are 44K axles?? They are 4.42 gears.

Edited by Brandt

if its a off roadable air ride sure! if hwy. air ride I think you will be buying beer all the time for the guys pulling you out. we ran a few trucks with neway long travel with great results our trucks with pete low leaf would get stuck on a curb. pete air leaf not much better.

• Like 2