Siberian find is already home

wow what an adventure looks green over there not what I expected I would have thought snow and ice great job :twothumbsup:

Paul

Paul, there was no snow and ice. It was summer and the best time to go to that area.

By the word I didn't miss a chance and swam in the river. A little bit :)

nice trip! if your dirt roads were narrower and had more defects it would remind me of our local dirt roads :loldude:

Yes, those roads weren't nice. That's sad although on the other hand that dirt road is just built (2-3 years) and must be paved in the nearest future. The reality is that there was NO road 2 years ago. Only in the winter when everything was frozen.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Looks like you had one heck of a good time,good memories I hope!What are the plans for the DMM?

Yes you are right. I had newer been so far to the North of the country.

As of DMM it's difficult to make plans now having alot on the list - Lanova engine rebuilt, MH wheels and hubs under revision and building the sleeper for R. Everything in one time.

I disliked I had to get cab removed, would more like to keep the truck assembled.

Should put it back on but better should painted it or at least apply primer.

I hope to fire up the engine to be shure it's ok. Probably will try it with no cab.

The frame I found out after I saw it up close was stretched out and the center of the bogie is now at the end of the original rails.

I think it will be good to cut it back and put the axles to their original position and get a short wheel base tracktor.

Anyway I need to do something over the broken middle axle and actually have no ideas on. Those axles look too heavy, more than 44000, maybe 65000. I have neither stuff of the kind. Shuld think a bit on the matter.

• Like 2

Cool trip, thanks for posting photos. I wish you well with this project.

Thank you Doug.

Looks like fun. Sure got to see the country side. Maybe I'll come over for your next truck retrieval adventure. Mike

Mike, you're always welcome.

I'll let you know if I make a plan for any more crasy entertainment.

Vlad

Thanks for the pictures. It is the only way I will get to see some of the rest of the World. some of them remind me of our trip to Alaska last Summer..,although the 120 miles of gravel Alaskan / Yukon Terr, Canada road we did were better than the sand road you were on.

• Like 1

Brocky

Thanks Vlad for sharing your adventure with us. I agree with superdog, that is true Mack dedication to go to those lengths.

I wish you the very best with the DMM……I guess you will have the only one around your neighbourhood.

Keith

• Like 1

Keith