persist 8-5 8-2 codes

Check the wiring, seem to think they were known for chewing through the insulation where the wiring goes under the valve cover(?)...if it checks out, move the faulty injectors and see if the codes follow the "bad" injectors.....

That's just what I've absorbed from reading on here....someone with more knowledge will likely chime in....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Check the wiring, seem to think they were known for chewing through the insulation where the wiring goes under the valve cover(?)...if it checks out, move the faulty injectors and see if the codes follow the "bad" injectors.....

That's just what I've absorbed from reading on here....someone with more knowledge will likely chime in....

Pssst.......His engine is an ASET....The wiriing for the EUP's don't go through the valve cover.....You may be thinking of an MP motor for injector wiring.

(The only engine "Mack" has ever built with wiring into the valve cover for fuel management 2007 and up) (I know your heart is in the right spot martell)

It probably is 2 bad EUP's that sort them selves out as they warm up. It happens like a bad injector. Or a crappy solenoids that needs warmth to operate better.

But yes could also be wiring in your harness that runs along the block on the passenger side to the ECM on the driver side.

Needs further Diagnosis.

• Like 1

Wiring has been checked. No striped insulation. But if ther is a bad spot inside I could not find it. Is there a way to check the solenoid or wiring with a voltage tester. Is there a set amount of volts amps or resistance. The injectors are 10 months old and have about 50000 miles. I changed them when I changed 2 and 5 eup last October.

Hmmmmm. If you changed the EUP's that are problem childs that takes care of those possibilities. I was going to suggest shooting the solenoids with like 100-200V and seeing if the solenoids fail.

You have replaced all of the injectors so if properly installed they can be ruled out.

Is there any loss of prime issues on start up? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but cant low fuel pressure cause those codes sometimes???? Strange that its the same ones everytime which makes me go back to wiring or ECM.

There could be an issue with the ECM in the driver for those EUP's. If you say the wiring is ok to said EUP's you have ruled out a fair bit on your own.

• 2 weeks later...