New Baby

yarnall

Thanks. The truck was in no danger though. I got it from Andy Henderson of Marietta NY.

definately a rare one,what was the story on why they used the L cab/B75 front end and yet still called them B85"s,do you know?

I don't have an answer for that. These are the only B85's like that. Maybe they are still B85's because they are powered by the 707.

I remember those pictures too,just can't remember which Mack book either,there was a lot of obsolete CFD apparatus all seemed to be maked for sale or( egads) scrap! I will look when I get home and see if I can find the pictures..................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

On page 111 of Harvey Eckart's book, "Mack Fire Apparatus, A Pictorial History", there is a photo of this style Chicago Mack "B85F"/ Magirus ladder truck. According to

Mr. Eckart, it is a 1959, 100' ladder, model #B85F-1384. To me, it looks like it has 5 or 6 sections so, perhaps, it is one of the 146 footers. On page 102 of his book,

"Mack Fire Trucks, 1911-2005", there are two photos of 1957 Mack "B"/Magirus ladders delivered to Milwaukee, WI Trucks 2 and 18. These have the standard "B" cabs.

bulldogboy

• 1 month later...

Yes the truck is a monster. It takes up the place of two trucks. I haven't had the ladder up yet because he outriggers are stuck and I don't want it to fall over. I hope to have it at Tructoberfest and Mack Day. It doesn't have any brake lights or turn signals. I have to get my father to fix that before I take it that far. Mike