2001 E-TECH swap to 2005 CXN

DTSLLC

Hello,

My first time posting here, but it looks like there's quite a bit of knowledge here. Anyhow, I'm looking to install a pre-emission E-7 (2001) into a 2005 CXN chassis. The 2005 currently has the AC-460 (E-7 platform). I have the entire 2001 truck as the donor. I realize that the VCU from the 2001 must be installed in the 2005, and the ECU stays with the donor engine. What I'm wondering is if anyone has done this before, and if so, what are some of the hurdles I'll run into doing this? I think I may have to change the engine harness, but I would like to avoid changing the cab harness, if possible. Again, I have both trucks complete. The 2005 is a good solid truck, I just don't want to deal with the EGR anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys (or girls) could give!

That should be a fairly easy swap over.

The cabs should be fairly similar (almost identical as both are ketstone interior)

Swap the trans mounts as the frame rails should be different and front engine mounts. That should be a nice and fairly simple swap. As long as nobody notices the lack of 2002 emissions crap.

Better check EPA regulations. I believe you cannot legally put an older engine in any truck, only same year or newer.

You are correct. You can put a newer engine in an older truck but not the other way around.

DTSLLC - you may get away with the swap but you can kiss your A$$ goodbye if you get caught.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Don't run CA. And I wouldn't give it a second thought. And yes on gliders co. I'm leased to has built 12 Pete gliders with pre emission engines in the last year. They have made great trucks especially since they all are PDI enhanced and any where from 600 HP to 750 and getting 7mpg plus.