1977 mack v8 e9 R735ST1010

jettertrucks

I believe they refer to that particular E9 as the ENDT1000 if that's the prototype. Very cool nostalgic piece of Mack History you have there. What's your price?

According to our engine codes list the 35 designates ET1005 Thermodyne V8..! Rare I would think. Sure would like to know production numbers on this motor.
  • Like 1

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"

I don't know about the motor, but one site shows 9 R735's were built, which would be consistent with the serial #. This would be the last one off the line. Regardless, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Better brush up on my 3rd grade math. This would've been the 10th, maybe they skipped a number??

• Like 1

Jim

I am beginning to wonder about the validity of the engine codes or about my ability to comprehend them. My 1989 Superliner is designated RW713. I bought it new. I still have every single document that a customer could get with a new truck, including the build sheets, a copy of the MSO, MSRP price sheets, etc..! Every single doc refers to my truck as RW713. Even the MSO says 6 cyl. It is an E9-500...!!

In the later years the older engine codes were not included in the model number. I don't know what the 1 is for but the 3 is the designation for 3 axle. A 1989 RW712 would be a single axle but an early RW712 would have a 300+ engine and an "S" suffix would designate if it were a tandem axle (S is for Six wheel).

• Like 1

Jim