Autocar is home,need some parts and info

Hub caps are nearly impossible to find. I found an NOS set at Macungie in 2009. They went on my C90. I am still looking for a set for my DC75. I had someone from Autocar call me looking for them for a truck they were restoring because he heard I found some. Good luck. I love Autocars too. They were made about 20 miles from my house. Mike

Superdog I know why you bought it just to remind your self how good a Mack is :loldude:

looks like a Timken back end to me might be only light 30000 - 34000 lbs they are the only brand backends I have seen with the oil filled trunnions and the springs on top like a Mack

Paul

Hey Superdog where did you find this old gem? I was just wondering back in the day I had my B-Model leased to the same company that is on the door as yours and I think there was one like this one that ran out of the same terminal

I got it in Kansas City. The guy I bought it from bought it on an estate auction in SW MO.

Hey Superdog where did you find this old gem? I was just wondering back in the day I had my B-Model leased to the same company that is on the door as yours and I think there was one like this one that ran out of the same terminal

don't know if this place sold it new or used,but this sticker was inside the door

post-61-0-18726400-1405816873_thumb.jpg

sure enough,who made it do you know?

It is a Timken-Rockwell rated around 50k, unlike the heavier SSDD 60k top mounted springs, these are under slung and the attachment when worn the axles walk. Used on Autocar, White, Reo and a few others.

post-146-0-99781300-1405861624_thumb.jpg

I have that set up on a Reo, common setup in the day.

FW

It is a Timken-Rockwell rated around 50k, unlike the heavier SSDD 60k top mounted springs, these are under slung and the attachment when worn the axles walk. Used on Autocar, White, Reo and a few others.

attachicon.gifphoto (324).JPG

I have that set up on a Reo, common setup in the day.

FW

For sure it is a hell of a lot heavier than 34,000 as some have suggested. I never saw a 34,000 set up with 6 spoke wheels-I agree with the heavy Rockwell. 44? 46?