Proud new owner of my first truck.

Welcome to the forum and the MH Club. MH Fred will want your serial number. I have an 85 MH612 and my father has a 93 MH 612. Both were bought from 39 Baby Mack(Ron). If your original bumper is in good shape and you are willing to sell it I am interested. Mine is bent and Ron said the bumper to bumper warranty had expired 1,870,000 miles ago at 100,000. Anyway, let's see some pictures when you get it home. We all love pictures. Mike.

Congrats and welcome to the "MH club". Mack only built 122 1993 MH613. 1993 was the last year for US production.

welcome too...

farmer... I've got the same? spreadsheet by John Casanek.. what are the 94/95 builds then?.. assembled from 93 parts? or 'downunder' cousins...

dennis101279..... just make sure when you install the sunvisor is doesn't look like a giant chrome bumper..!!!! :loldude:

MHFred is sure to add you to the roll-call as a fully fledged certified MH owner...

BC Mack... fellow 93'er

yarnall the bumper is junk. That's the only thing wrong with it. And don't worry BC Mack, no big drop visor for me. I want a factory one if I can find one and the brackets. If not I guess I will have to have one made from stainless. My local mack dealer has 2 complete cabs sitting in the weeds but will not part with a thing from them. There is another one in town sitting under a bridge rotting in the weeds. Stripped of everything I need. I plan on doing all the dash panels in wood but don't know what kind yet. I also need a grill. The top 3 bars are broke and have been glued together. Cant tell until you are up close but I just want to change it.

farmer... I've got the same? spreadsheet by John Casanek.. what are the 94/95 builds then?.. assembled from 93 parts? or 'downunder' cousins...

At the bottom of the speadsheet it states "No domestic chassis will be built after Jan 1, 1994". To me that means 94 and 95 were export only. Could be "downunder" but maybe someone else knows the answer.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

yarnall the bumper is junk. That's the only thing wrong with it. And don't worry BC Mack, no big drop visor for me. I want a factory one if I can find one and the brackets. If not I guess I will have to have one made from stainless. My local mack dealer has 2 complete cabs sitting in the weeds but will not part with a thing from them. There is another one in town sitting under a bridge rotting in the weeds. Stripped of everything I need. I plan on doing all the dash panels in wood but don't know what kind yet. I also need a grill. The top 3 bars are broke and have been glued together. Cant tell until you are up close but I just want to change it.

Where are you located? You might find a visor at Gerhart's in October or Macungie.

Welcome to the "need a grille" club. :whistling:

Ken

You are not far from me. Watt has two (2) MHs that they may part out. They plan to send them to the scraper soon. I can't remember if they have a visor. BTW, there are two (2) visor styles, rounded and one that is more square. Don't know the manufacturers. (green has rounded visor)(black MH has "square" visor)

I was able to locate NOS grille sections but still need upper driver's side. I bought most of them many many years ago from Mack. Mack does not have any more in stock. You can order new grille sections but they are ALL BLACK and you must buy all six (6) sections (at least $1200 for all six). There is a BMT thread concerning the MH grille. I recently found used upper and lower center sections that are better than mine. My upper center section has some bars missing and the lower section is cracked.

Sent you a pm with my contact info.

post-3289-0-52670100-1405433092_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-60539100-1405433292_thumb.jp

Ken

Great project truck..! Just amazes me how not that long ago, COEs were well over half the trucks on the road, least ways in the east. Now I do a rubber-neck double-take every time a see any COE..!!

• Like 1

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"