overheating

I have a 2010 pinnacle with an mp8 engine and have had it into mack salt lake city three times now for overheating. Replaced fan clutch, thermostat, injector cups. still over heats on hills while running empty. Any help would be great.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but my Volkswagen diesel did the same thing years ago and it was a blown head gasket. Apparently combustion gases were getting into the coolant passages causing it to get air bound.????

• 2 weeks later...

i've replaced fan clutch thermostat have new injector sleaves flushed the rad and put new coolant in ran down to california from slc empty still got hot and oil temps rise with the coolant oil runs at about 230 in normal conditions. So any way on the way back I only had about 15 thousand pounds on and that truck couldn't run cool to save its life tell I got to cedar city and the sun went down got cooler and the truck ran great. I'm thinking on a new radiator are there any companies that make an aftermarket high flow radiator. I am all out of ideas love to keep the truck I think it is a good one if I can run it. Thanks for all your help....Ny Oh I did have water pump checked out it is fine..

Edited by nylan

I posted earlier about my Volkswagen head gasket causing the same symptoms you have. I know there is 4 or 500 horse power difference but I still suspect the head gasket. If it was running cool before and you had the radiator flushed, I would not spend money on a new radiator. Good luck and thanks for keeping us updated.