Looking for an AC model?

It looks like some goodies with the Macks and Brockways, wish I could justify a few more AC's to the wife. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Would be interesting to see that FJ(?) chain drive tracktor with the L-model cab.

If you'll have any chance please make a pic and keep an eye for a final price.

Sorry (or happily) I'm too far from.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

been to many of Alex's auctions, he doesn't waster any time. usually twards the end he gets tired and things go cheap and quick. wish I had unlimited funds. only about an hour away from me. Im sure the Mahan crowd will be present which is always nice. they keep some of those really rare ones from the scappers

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The R model rescue in the other auction looks pretty sweet as well.

I cannot be at the auction, but I'm pretty sure one of the AB's has the wheels I need for mine. I'd appreciate it if someone who attends can get the contact info for whoever buys the ABs.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 2 weeks later...

Would be interesting to see that FJ(?) chain drive tracktor with the L-model cab.

If you'll have any chance please make a pic and keep an eye for a final price.

Sorry (or happily) I'm too far from.

Vlad

It was actually a FT Mack. It sold for $19,000. I will post pics when I get it home

went to the auction today. lots of parts, lots went reasonably to. the cream of the crop was the red and yellow AC. I didn't get a pic but it was in the flyer, it was not restored but was painted many years ago. it went for $19500. the same guy also bought the Blue 361 Brockway, I think it had a 671 in it, it was a 361. was fixable. cant remember what it went for. he also bought a 1918 or so chain drive Brockway that was restored a while ago. it went for $13500. the 358 Brock I think might have went to scrappers, I didn't get to see it get auctioned. the B75T bucket truck was rough. cab was shot along with all the sheetmetal. it went for $1000 and I wanna say it went to a good home but I think the scrappers got it. the Sterling Mixer I think they kept. the gray FT chaindrive went for $19000. the one Ab went for $1500 with no engine or trans. the other one went for $4500. A brand new DM cab with doors and wiring harness brought $3500. there was a whole pallet full of Garrett and Schwitzer turbos that went reasonable, $500 or so a box . 6 rebuilt injection pumps in the wooden boxes for 237/300's went for around $500 a piece. I was outbid on that one haha.

The Red and Yellow AC did sell for $19,500 to Cherry Hill Const in Ct, so he saved that from scrappers. I bought the 1919 Brockway for $13,500 and the FT for $19,000 and both ABs, one for $4,500 the other for $800, and the 3rd mack dump body for $500. The Ak went for $3700, not sure to who but I thought Lyons said it was going to CT as well. Not sure what the AC with the modified BX front went for or to who, but i think all the trucks were saved from scrappers.

• Like 2

The Red and Yellow AC did sell for $19,500 to Cherry Hill Const in Ct, so he saved that from scrappers. I bought the 1919 Brockway for $13,500 and the FT for $19,000 and both ABs, one for $4,500 the other for $800, and the 3rd mack dump body for $500. The Ak went for $3700, not sure to who but I thought Lyons said it was going to CT as well. Not sure what the AC with the modified BX front went for or to who, but i think all the trucks were saved from scrappers.

Good to hear they went to a good home,please post some pics for us that couldn't be there.

• Like 2

Many thanks for the pics and the info.

Looks like you got a good bunch of old iron but not for free.

Hope and wish you lots of time and power to rebuild those goodies.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

glad to know that nothin went for scrap. scrappers were in full force.even the B75 got saved??? some punk kid showed up twards the end who was a 'salvager' he was pissed that all the trucks were already auctioned off.....who got the 237 injection pumps? anyone know?

• Like 1

Cheery hill owns a scrapyard and does a lot of exporting.... but they do have some restored old macks and brockways

big guy was there from cherry hill in a bright orange shirt, I do remember him. I know I cant take him haha

Yeah that was Louis from Cherry Hill, he wants to fix that one up though, not reselling it.

glad to know that nothin went for scrap. scrappers were in full force.even the B75 got saved??? some punk kid showed up twards the end who was a 'salvager' he was pissed that all the trucks were already auctioned off.....who got the 237 injection pumps? anyone know?

I dont know who got the injection pumps but they were a steal. I heard that same punk when he showed up bitching that the auction started early. Ummm It started 5 min late actually. He just showed up an hour late lol.

yup that punk was runnin around like a chicken, pissed off that all the trucks were sold already. it did actually start 5-10 min late. only know that because I brought my better half and she was not happy. she goes wtf, you drag me here and its starts late. the book says 11 oclock, start the damn auction! I was biddin on the injection pumps but bailed out when they got over the $300 mark a piece for 6 of them... im a small guy. cant afford that. what did the 358 orange Brock with asphalt tank go for??

• Like 1