I see the UPS natural gas CXU's through here all the time. They seem happy with them. We just sent a guy to school on them. Cummins sure has the market cornered on the class 8 engines for now. Our Tech that went to school on them says the Mack MP natural gas engine is being tested now however its a hybrid and runs on diesel and naural gas both

Westport, Cummins former partner in NG engine development liked the Diesel ignited NG engine design against the spark ignited versions like Cummins uses.

Only issue is the Diesel/NG engines I've seen has an SCR system to compensate for the Diesel. Seems a waste.

I hear Westport will be teaming with Volvo instead of Cummins now. They are interested in the D13 and have given up on the ISX15.

If you ever see the test unit have a look to see if it has Westport's name on it anywhere.

Westport, Cummins former partner in NG engine development liked the Diesel ignited NG engine design against the spark ignited versions like Cummins uses.

Only issue is the Diesel/NG engines I've seen has an SCR system to compensate for the Diesel. Seems a waste.

I hear Westport will be teaming with Volvo instead of Cummins now. They are interested in the D13 and have given up on the ISX15.

If you ever see the test unit have a look to see if it has Westport's name on it anywhere.

Yes, our guy said it was a MP-8/D13 that they were adding the NG to. And yes, he said its downfall is that it will have SCR on it. Cumins/Westport looks like the way to go for now.

• Like 1