Online Parts Diagrams/Lookups

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to my local Mack dealer said that I would have to have minimum of a 20 truck fleet and sign a confidential agreement not to share pricing.

If anyone has different information I would be interested got 4 trucks now and tired of looking up parts through online cross reference

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I sent a note to Barry and he said it was basically for fleets and only shows parts stocked at the dealer. Perhaps Barry will clarify this issue.

John Deere has a nice site where one can access parts manuals, parts substitutions, check dealer availability, reserve/order parts, and get list prices.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Yes I use them (John Deere) all the time they don't seem to have any issues with part list and pricing, I thought finally I will be able to find parts with out spending a half day researching the part number to give the Mack dealer because they say they can't look it up.

• Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Robert,

I agree. Deere's site saves me a lot of time (and the dealer too). It would be nice if Mack (and other OEs) did the same. This feature would allow us to research parts and perhaps save the dealer time.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 4 weeks later...

the sooner these dealers realize that this helps them not hurts them , the happier we all will be!!!!!!! I use cat on line parts . cnh on line parts and deere on line parts as well as agco on line parts just about weekly, its the best that we have to counter the parts man who don't want to do his job. the best thing mack could do would be loose the vin. requirement and allow us to "shop" for the up grades we want to do with out chasing trucks down the road to find a vin.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Hello all. My name is John. I work at a Mack dealership in northern Ohio. I pride myself in helping every owner or operator to find what they are looking for. I am happy to assist you with parts ID or anything else. Feel free to contact me.  or parts@northernohtruckcenter.com

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/30/2021 at 4:51 PM, JohnGrady said:

Hello all. My name is John. I work at a Mack dealership in northern Ohio. I pride myself in helping every owner or operator to find what they are looking for. I am happy to assist you with parts ID or anything else. Feel free to contact me.  or parts@northernohtruckcenter.com

• Like 1