My Summer Project... MH

For shocks I've had great luck with Stengle Brothers in Pennsylvania. If need be they can match up by the shocks fully compressed length and the fully extended length.

Here's their link

http://www.stengelbros.com/

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

We'll be looking forward for the finished product. I am going to spot paint my frame where my paint has come off but I don't think mine is quite as bad as yours. We can be thankful we don't have to deal with rust on our cabs.

Good luck on the project.

Sorry I can't help about parts sources, almost the same as you.

Hope the summer will be long in Canada this year.

And yes, a rust free cab is a good option for a restorer.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Thanks guys... the frame isn't too rusty just heavy scale residue off the 5th wheel mount. Western Canada is nowhere as dry as Arizona, we call it the Wet Coast for a reason and we have salt addicts at the Dept of Holidays Highways.

Vlad, it gets so hot here in summer my igloo melts every year.. going to build a two storey one next time !!! :whistling: Canadian joke, Eh!!

BC Mack

• Like 2

For shocks I've had great luck with Stengle Brothers in Pennsylvania. If need be they can match up by the shocks fully compressed length and the fully extended length.

Here's their link

http://www.stengelbros.com/

Stengel Bros- very good, very reputable. I even sent Slpwlkr there once for airbags for his stinger.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

BC you just need to drive to the other side of the Coquahaulia (or how ever you spell it)and then a little south to Osoyoos B.C. and you could enjoy 7-10 inches of precip. a year and then be close enough to have a beer with ya.

Gearhead204

done "the Coke" many times....!!!! its got to be brutal in a semi in winter though.

there's a small town across the border from Osoyoos.. the guy who owns the beer store must be the richest man in WA... once you've seen our beer and gas prices you'll understand why we spend hours in line at the border just to spend money down south.

one day buddy, one day.

1958 FWD and 41 Chevy... thanks for the tip... got a lot of info from that site and good prices too.

BC Mack

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The transverse torque rod is not rebuildable.

Why don't you call Barry at Watts Mack with your model and serial number? He can easily and correctly look up all the parts you need, and quote you pricing (ie. air bags, shocks, transverse torque rod, and wheel seals).

The transverse torque rod is not rebuildable.

Still working on parts pricing now I've got most of the numbers figured out... the torque rod is about $150 so if no boots are available I will wait until it is broke..!!!

my Canadian border is always an issue for buying on-line in the US.. for some reason intl shipping is double that of a WA border town.. and brokerage is a percetage of invoice, not a flat rate... will try to find a service below the border and have it shipped there.. and go for a roadtrip if I can find my passport... Barry is on my list.

just waiting for local pricing first... and some cash in my jeans to pay for it..!!

Marcel...

got the Hendrickson model# figured out from the Stengelbros site....

thanks

BC Mack

Your double frame looks pretty rust free and straight to start with. That's the worst part of a double frame truck. You have lots to work with and it looks great so far. Thanks for posting the pics and keep em coming with your progress.

• 4 weeks later...

BC your doing a hell of a job there. How is the motor? Do you have to do any to it? Can't wait to see the end result

E9 motor seems fine but as I'm not mobile I have to see how that works out one day... for now I've done oil and filters... it has had plenty of regular work done to it when operating including a new turbo, a new cam and injectors within 100,000kms but 10 years of storage is bound to give me some grief... you will all read about it here, believe me.. :twothumbsup:

BC Mack

• Like 1