Constuction Fleet make up

An interesting question might be which Mack construction fleets have gone Paccar.

And what fleets stayed Mack or are going back to Mack. Here in Ct Paccar has gained alot of ground. I get the impression that the switch in the midwest has been less severe. I guess the west is Paccar dominant.

for us it was 1991 we had two e7 400 18sp. rd 688 dump tucks the electronic throttles were driving us nuts with throttle lag,and derated trucks that would just idle. at that time we could get t800 kenworths 425 hp cat,18sp. fullers and chalmers rear sup. at the same price as mack with a better warranty. prior to the k.w. we bought 3 new macks a year and made dumps out of them, would sell one and keep 2

Johnny Sessa and his Brother Ralph each one has or had a big company down south here. Johnny had a rock pit and ran nothing but R's and i think the lowboy truck was a Pete.Big fleet all if not most of there tractors pulling dump wagons where R's ran tandems Dm's. Ralph was Triple R paveing had Rw's,Dm's and the rouge Pete. HArdrives Paving is another almost all Mack Fleet. Had some sterlings in the mix look like they are back to Macks

Here in Jersey I see alot of companies switching there fleet to pacaar I know one thing pacaar has better than MACK is there financing and they have a better leasing program to get people in trucks with less or no money down. Dont think I would still get a Pacaar even with there finance specials

Pennsy Supply was (Old Castle Materials) predominately Mack up to about 5 years ago. Now they are mostly Paccar with a few Western Stars. Before it bought out by Pennsy supply it was owned by Slusser Brothers they were predominately Mack for tri-axles and low boy tractors.Their site trucks were mostly Mack B-81, DM 600+800 with a few IH. Joe D.