Coolant type in 673 motor

Hi all or g'day from Oz. I have a B model with the C motor 673 turbo. Coming in to autumn( fall) and am looking for advice for which is the better type of coolant for antifreeze protection. We get down to a max of minus 12 C in winter! Thanking you in advance.

At the minimum you need a coolant approved for use in a Diesel engine. Although you have "dry sleeves", I would be hesitant about using a "standard" automotive (gasoline engine only) coolant. Just my 2 cents.

A friend recommended Peak Final Charge Extended Life Coolant (red).

50/50 mix of most coolants will protect to -34F (-36C).

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

At the minimum you need a coolant approved for use in a Diesel engine. Although you have "dry sleeves", I would be hesitant about using a "standard" automotive (gasoline engine only) coolant. Just my 2 cents.

A friend recommended Peak Final Charge Extended Life Coolant (red).

50/50 mix of most coolants will protect to -34F (-36C).

. I second this.......rather spend couple dollars more for the good stuff...nothing like piece of mind.......my two cent......bobby j.

I have green in my B61 with a 300+, I went to an automotive store and bought mine. green worked for years before the red and never had any problems. if it was newer I would use red, that's what the coolant filter is for.

Coolant filter (CF) or coolant additive filter (CAF)?

Based on my information, if you use RED you do not need a CAF. One can use a CF if desired. Other "colors" need a CAF.

I determined why my E7 does not have a CAF because the fleet used RED coolant.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"