Dodge Bighorn

other dog

I think Gross Lumber is in OH somewhere and they had some Bighorns but didn't know they still ran them. Somewhere I read that they were all parked in a shed.

It seems lately there have been a number of Bighorns for sale.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

That all sounds great.

From the posted earlier I resolved Bighorns came to be an extremely rare beasts.

Glad to know some ones still have them in operation.

And... OD, I haven't seen any dirt on that grey KW's wind shields :whistling:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I think there were only 262 Dodge Bighorn's produced in long nose. They started to make a short nose model 90" BBC with fiberglass hood. I saw one in Michigan owned by a individual.No idea how many short nose ones were produced. That is a picture of Jim Tomer in picture Larry posted. He is not quite the affectionato of Mack as Larry and others claim. Quite the opposite.It is an on going joke about Jim's love of Mack on another site. Joe D.

It is, it is!..now i'm gonna have to ride my bicycle back to Ohio and camp out on an overpass until I see it again and get a good picture of it.

Saw a nice looking cabover KW at Fairplain, W.V. too. Got a decent picture of that except for the windshield being dirty.

attachicon.gifdscn2167.jpg

The guy with the working, white and blue/grey Emeryville also has a K100 that looks similar to that but I'm not sure if it's the one. He uses it in the winter months and runs the Emeryville in the summer. His trucks, when home, can be seen on the south side of the Ohio Tpke, mm236.

Jim

Joe

I do not think (?????) any of the short nosed Big Horns were ever produced?? The one prototype built spent its whole like at the Chrysler Proving Ground and rusted out real bad. Tony and Kyle Youngblood of Agusta GA were supposed to restore it and when Chrysler was sold to Fiat the Youngbloods ended us up as the owners. They had an article on it in the ATCA Double Clutch about a year or two ago. I would have to reread the article to make a definate statement.

Brocky

Brocky

The guy with the working, white and blue/grey Emeryville also has a K100 that looks similar to that but I'm not sure if it's the one. He uses it in the winter months and runs the Emeryville in the summer. His trucks, when home, can be seen on the south side of the Ohio Tpke, mm236.

Randy Englehart is the fellow with the Emeryville. I've never seen the K100 either, so can't comment. He does run produce from Florida if I recall, so that reefer could be his?

This past winter I was running Rt 90 over to Erie PA for work and passed Randy. I was surprised to see him running it in the salt. Got a quick shot in the mirror:

randy_zps852d8d78.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

The Youngbloods restored the truck in the Dodge ad.It was 1st sold and the one that Dodge used in the ads. Acording to Tony there was a total of 261 Bighorns made in the 3 year run.

The last word on the 1975 Short nose Bighorn prototype he was restoring was in November 2013, it was 85% restored and the nose was being fitted.

Here's the link to the pics on his site. Go to photos and open restoration album.

http://www.olddodges.com/index1.htm.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE