Just wondering if you guys knew what kind of horse a guy could get out of an e6 and still be practical to drive. Hopefully within about a year I am going to inherit a bone yard of trucks so to speak. There is a good superliner that I think would be worth fixin is I use parts from some of the other trucks. But really wondering about horsepower. Any thoughts would be helpful I would like to try and get my ducks in a row now.

485, then they break in half if you are not paying attention pulling any kind of hill. At least that was my experience when I ran them. At that setting the engine and exhaust temps would skyrocket very quick if you got into a big hill pulling heavy and you'd have to back off it.

That was on an 88 E-6 350 4 valve by the way.

• Like 1

350 HP is just about the limit on the E6 and make it live, you only got 672 cubic inches. I know a guy that had 900,000 miles on a 84 Ultra Liner that just changed the mains and rods at 300,000 miles each time. if you want more power I would go with an E7 at 728 cubes.

I've seen two split the crank and block in half with the power I mentioned. But they were company drivers. They will make that power....you just can't use it all, all the time.

Don't need to go that extreme anyway. My old E-6 350 would do anything a STOCK 475 Cat/ 500 Detroit would do with just a good pump tune. But it was geared pretty low though too.