doc52b73014b2a655769309341.jpg

Looking for information or guidance in obtaining information about a 1946 Mack 750GPM Pumper currently owned by the West Point Volunteer Fire Company, West Point, PA 19486. (Montgomery County, PA) D.B.A Upper Gwynedd Township Fire Department

I am the Chief Engineer working with a committee put together by our department to restore our 1946 Mack Pumper, purchased in 1947. I am looking for whatever information I can find ranging from original build date, reason for build (suspected it was built for use by U.S. Forces during WWII but never delivered as such), build photos, specifications, modifications for municipal use, paint color codes, delivery date, signers of contract and so on.

Our goals with this unit is restore it back to its original condition including the Hale pump, removing accessories and hardware needed to meet the firefighting demand through the years which include but not limited to ladders, appliances, cab interior, engine and pump.

Any information that can be forwarded from the users of this forum would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Matthew C. Huff

Trustee / Chief Engineer

Upper Gwynedd Township Fire Department

West Point, PA

mchuff@comcast.net or ffdisp806@gmail.com

Edited by UGTFD80

UGTFD80 , Welcome to the site......contact the Mack museum.....give them your trucks serial number. They will send you a bunch of information related to your truck....maybe even some factory photos. It takes awhile but it's well worth it. They do this free of charge but it's nice to send a donation for all their work. The truck pictured above looks to be in great shape!! Got any other pictures of it? The guys on this site are also a great resource.....tons of knowledge. Good luck with your project!!!

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking truck. There are a bunch of us on here with 85LS's. Mine is 85LS1101. Mine was built in 1947. What is your serial number? The Mack museum number is 610 351 8999. The address is 2402 Lehigh Parkway South, Allentown 18103. They will send you most of the information you asks about. Mike

A great resource to help guide you would be "firemack" on this site. John was a significant player in the restoration of Radnor Fire Company's B model from Wayne, PA. Send him a PM.

Please make sure the organization understands what they are getting into if you intend to do a full restoration. Significant time, money, and commitment is required to do a restoration. I have seen too many FDs start down this road only to lose interest after the truck is partially disassembled. The rig then languishes for years until some "bright" soul decides to get rid of this "piece of junk".

And when you contact the Museum ask for the "drawing release" for your truck as well. This will list all of the original equipment that was shipped with the truck.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Please make sure the organization understands what they are getting into if you intend to do a full restoration. Significant time, money, and commitment is required to do a restoration. I have seen too many FDs start down this road only to lose interest after the truck is partially disassembled. The rig then languishes for years until some "bright" soul decides to get rid of this "piece of junk".

That happened with our 38 Diamond T twice. its done now after 17 yrs

Matt

Hey Matt, tell that worthless Asst Chief or Deputy or Fire Marshal or whatever he is this week to go over to the Mack Museum one day when he gets off work (shit he can WALK over to the place......) and see Don Schumaker, the curator of the museum. Tell the load to take the truck's serial number. There is an 8-10 week wait for information but it will be well worth your while. And when you do receive your large box in the mail, MAKE SURE YOU GUYS WRITE A DONATION CHECK to the museum. You will understand why when you receive your LARGE, HEAVY BOX.

Tell the "load" that Yardo sends his love. You can tell Scheiter, too. And Mogensen if he still comes around.

-Randy Yardumian

(Montco 11, BAFC)

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS