mack cl vs mack titan video

heat is the weakness of the e9 i know ours will heat up in the summer on a long pull if you really put the blocks to it and its not tuned up. we put a air fan clutch on it and it helped a little . i used to have to let off going up the longest hill in our area then our e7 400 and 454 would pass me that was embarasing lol. we put a new radiator in it and it still heats up on the real hot days .

Gotta love the hills in Vermont for that! I would run lower temp thermostats in mine and it helped. A better fan would have helped too. 464 gears and nothing in my area caught it on the hills.

yeah we have 160 thermostats in it. if the radiator was clean and the after cooler blown out i could go up route 9 over woodford mtn on 90 degree day and it would get up to 195 by the top with the fan on all the way. if the radiator was dirty alot of dust in it i had to back off. i could pull that hill with 110k lbs on the high side of a 18 spd .

After i put on the Horton Fan and 170 Thermostat's i had no prob with over heating .

Used to run out Pa pike grossing 85 to 90 and never touched the shifter .

Let off the pedal to slow down for the curves or slower truck to 55mph and had no prob pulling back up to 65mph before the top of the hill.

• 2 weeks later...

I love it, I dont think there is anything out there that compares to driving an E9 powered truck and toying with other trucks. I have had the opportunity to mess with just about every other truck brand, most with ,my 84 before I sold it and I think the 85 runs better than it did. I only got passed once, we were both right at gross and cruising at 68 or so and a friend did a fly by on me right at the bottom of a hill doing about 75 or 80 and I couldnt reel him back in till the top of the hill. I felt terrible and he knew it, but he also knew it was his only chance to get me on a hill cause I had made fun of him so many times before, ya know ride up next to him and shift and pull away going up hill! Hey Sleepwqalker, I can find a load adn we can give your truck a shot agains the Superdog on Mt Eagle if you want to see how it stacks up! Bring tissue! lol

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Just to let you guys know, I listened to the video, and the CL is 5 ton (problaly metric which is 6 ust) heavier than the Titan. So the old girl has nothing to be ashamed about! Go man, go, tabernacle!!

Clay

Second that Clay!!!

Unfortunatly the E9's are harder and harder to find parts for and Volvo is running the prices up on Mack parts.

Richie

Yes very popular with lobster boats, think the speed record is with a twin turbo Mack.

Thinking about the video, just think how bad those guys with MP8 505's must feel. Think about that for sec?

Of course an MP8 is just a 13 liter, not much bigger than an etech and I've been told they run a lot better but I got no actual drive time myself.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ha, I forgot! So yesterday a guy I was talking to said he didn't like the MP7 truck he was driving cause the guys running CAT C13/15's were out pulling him on the hills. I said "no, really?"...." You mean to tell me a 13 or 15 liter engine can out pull a 10 liter?" He sat there then said " I never thought about that". After some more discussion he decided it ran pretty good considering the size difference.

• Like 2

I love it, I dont think there is anything out there that compares to driving an E9 powered truck and toying with other trucks. I have had the opportunity to mess with just about every other truck brand, most with ,my 84 before I sold it and I think the 85 runs better than it did. I only got passed once, we were both right at gross and cruising at 68 or so and a friend did a fly by on me right at the bottom of a hill doing about 75 or 80 and I couldnt reel him back in till the top of the hill. I felt terrible and he knew it, but he also knew it was his only chance to get me on a hill cause I had made fun of him so many times before, ya know ride up next to him and shift and pull away going up hill! Hey Sleepwqalker, I can find a load adn we can give your truck a shot agains the Superdog on Mt Eagle if you want to see how it stacks up! Bring tissue! lol

Sounds like a plan. I should be coming up the Eagle saturday might make Crashville tomorrow. Grossing right at 100k and maybe a few pounds See if that ole Cat doesn't slay the Bulldog. Let me know and I will have the vid cam going

Sounds like a plan. I should be coming up the Eagle saturday might make Crashville tomorrow. Grossing right at 100k and maybe a few pounds See if that ole Cat doesn't slay the Bulldog. Let me know and I will have the vid cam going

Ok you threw the challenge out there, We are getting ready to Leave Oak Grove,Ky. I am even gonna make sure my coolant is good so I don't have to back out of it. Be down there in a few hours come on lets roll up the rock

• Like 2