mack cl vs mack titan video

theres a cool videoon mack trucks inc facebook page posted by a french candian showing a cl with a e9 500 attempting to pass a titan with a 605 . there both grossing out at 130000 lbs.ghe cl almost makes it by thr titn but cant finish the deal and the titan over takes him. i would post it on this page but i dont know how . have any of you saw this video ?

ill try to post it on here but im not good at that . maybe i can have my wife try to post it for me tonight. the video is in french so i sont know what the drivers were saying. . it is filmed from the cab of the cl so you can here that v8 thumping away .

My friend Will found it. It won't let me post a link here though??

I don't know what state of tune that E9 was in, but I'm impressed as hell. Kinda backs up what my two buddies here have been telling me about their 605 MP10's. They are self loader trucks and they gross 140,000. One guy has an International with an ISX 600 that has been deleted and has that 700 h.p. program that you see advertised and it can't catch the stock Titans. And when they do that program and delete on the Cummins they replace the VG turbo with a bigger regular turbo and it takes away all the power on the engine brake. My buddy told me he can't use the engine brake on high with his MP10 on snowpack without chains.

They are having a problem of breaking yokes on the driveline though.

In defense of the E9 though.....with the right tune they are pretty easy to turn into an animal.

I know I can eat up 550's,625's. But I work my ass of doing it. I'l eat them alive and I am usually at a bare minimum 10k Heavier. But that e9 was working it's ass off. 605 isn't much more but on the long hills or mountains you'll watch that image get smaller and smaller in the mirror. Never put my Cat up against an E9 500.But I have been waiting to see how it Stacks against the 605

I Love the French Canadian Trash talk and cussing! (It funnier if you speak French)

I saw the video a few weeks ago but couldn't figure out how to post it. Its a father (Titan) and son (CL) racing up the road.

The CL driver states that the CL chassis has over 1 million KM's and 18,000 engine hours. Didn't say if the engine was original. Tabernac!

thats a pretty cool video. yeah the titans have a awesome engine brake my brother has the problem of having to chain up more because the powerleash is so strong. he has the 555m and hasnt been passed yet . last fall i was driving our e9 superliner which is basicly stock and my younger brother that hs a titan with a 515m was pushing me up the hills . im sure a tuned e9 could give them a run though.

• Like 1

You'll have to excuse us MHE9.......we're just excited because Mack finally isn't the sick-puppy back of the pack roach that it has been since the demise of the E9.

You kinda get tired of being laughed at with the most current batch of E7's.

10 ~4

I had a 1998 CL with the e9 and it was a real animal.The more we loaded it the better it ran.I was grossing at around 185,000 and was out on I81 south of Minersville PA and came up on the incline that was about a 5 mile long hill.I pulled it like it wasn't even there.If i remember I hit the bottom flatout at 75 and when i reached the top i was still running at 30-35.My mechinic was a ex mack guy and we had that motor humming.It was one of the last mechanical motors that Mack made.It smoked like a bitch but had all the power you would ever need.

• Like 1

Yes mhe9......keep that E9 as long as you can. I want to see the new MP's do good, but I think the E9 was by far the greatest engine of all time.

Would be cool to see those 750 h.p. ratings make it into the Titan though. I hope Volvo lets Mack get the big ratings first over here.

I see www.dieselspec.com is advertising dpf/scr deletes and power programming coming for the MP10. And Steinbauer has an MP10 programmer that is supposed to give 20% more h.p. and torque. Don't know anybody that has tried one though.

I'm from Philly,but I had to go to New Hampshire to but it.None of the dealers here in Pa wanted to sell me the mech. E9.I went to McDevitt Mack to buy it,he had told me that his father had sold alot of these motors to fishermen that were running them at around 1000hp.One of the main reason with these such high hp is the unlimited cooling.Being in a boat you have unlimited cool water.

heat is the weakness of the e9 i know ours will heat up in the summer on a long pull if you really put the blocks to it and its not tuned up. we put a air fan clutch on it and it helped a little . i used to have to let off going up the longest hill in our area then our e7 400 and 454 would pass me that was embarasing lol. we put a new radiator in it and it still heats up on the real hot days .