Allison TC10

• 1 month later...

Mack should get the new ALLISON TC10-TS for its MACK Pinnacle tractor trucks that go onto short-haul or regional delivery applications (day cab tractors)

But because ALLISON'S TC10-TS will be a direct competitor to MACK'S own M-Drive AUTOMATED MANUAL, I doubt the ALLISON TC10-TS will be available on any MACK TRUCKS for now, unless MACK complies with the request for TC10-TS equipped trucks on the production line.

I think MACK should try it, this will postion the Pinnacle as the tractor with more transmission options available (Mack, Eaton, Allison)

TC10-TS: TC -( Torque Converter / Twin Countershaft ) 10 (10 forward gears ) TS (Tractor Series)

Reading good reviews about it, but I guess Allison went a bit higher with the % of fuel savings...

Does the TC10-TS skip gears or does it goes or shift from 1 to 10 everytime?

I don't know jack about that transmission but from looking at it in Louisville its a big heavy trans, looks large compared to an Eaton 10 speed.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 weeks later...

I got some info on that trans. It weighs 1100lbs. They say its comparable to the weight of a T300 series trans with a clutch. It can only take 1700ftlbs of input torque and isn't much good for anything over 80,000gvw. No good for Canada. The guts of that transmission are ugly!!! I'm told international is the only OEM to take this trans on. It wont make it into anything from Daimler Benz or Mack/Volvo because it directly competes with their own Auto shifts. No word on Paccar. Mack's deal with Allison is about to expire so the M-drive can be offered in the Granite as Allison is the only auto option.

I talked to the Allison rep at MATS. You can still get the Allison in the Pinnacle. Though the TC 10 is not available. Just the 4000, 4500 and 4700. I plan on ordering one at the end of the year. I do a lot of construction work in the summers and the M-Drive is not up to the challenge. That's why they don't offer it in the Granite. Plus I haul liquid fertilizer and the Allison shifts smother..

They are planning on making the M-drive available on the Granites when the contract with Allison to supply auto transmissions for the vocational models expires. The M-drive/I -shift trans is available on the VHD vocational truck. Its a matter of time before its offered in the Granites..

They are planning on making the M-drive available on the Granites when the contract with Allison to supply auto transmissions for the vocational models expires. The M-drive/I -shift trans is available on the VHD vocational truck. Its a matter of time before its offered in the Granites..

I heard recently that Mack just renewed their contract with Allison.