57oldgoat

Hi all.I just found this site and I think it's amazing. I live just north of Toronto Canada and I've been trucking since 79. My younger brother introduced me to the trucking world back in '75 when he got a job driving a huge DMM twin steer cement mixer with front drive. The thing was bigger than a house! I was hooked. I started hauling gravel with a 3 axle dump wagon and bought my first new truck in '86,a R model tractor with 350 four valve engine and 8LL Eaton transmission and 417 rears. It ran circles around the then "state of the art 400 cummings". Everyone wanted to know what I had for power. It was a great truck. I've had various other rides since then including a 2000 gorgeous 379 long nose Pete with Cat power. I went back to Mack last year with a '09 CXU613 mp8 with 18sp and 485hp. It has run pretty good but I am struggling with some ecm issues and trying to get used to the dpf system. Pre egr/dpf is a lot less complicated. I now haul around the city hauling a 6 axle cement trailer,grossing 140,000lbs.

• Like 1

:WELCOME: You started driving the same year I did. I started in January,1979. We might have passed in the night on the plains of Skat-chew-on. But probably not, since i've never been to Canada. Always wanted to go there though. Gonna move there when I win the lottery. Or I would have when I was younger- now i'm too old and lazy to go anywhere.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

welcome to BMT glad to hear more fellow Canadians on board here also first diesel truck I drove was a 62 B61 with a small sleeper cag and it was a straight truck with a 24' box triples trans tandem on camelback suspension and 237 mack motor.. some one had put maxi's up on the frame from the front tandem axle twith a chain used to set them ( you also had to watch road terrain so you didn't set them accidently... I miss the old girl

Welcome to the site.

I'm from overseas but have some relation to Canada.

My '88 R models were built in in your country.

And yes, we here like pictures, both trucks and environment.

Vlad.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012