Air lines

eddeere

I need to replace most of the flexible air lines on my B61T. I think I can get the covered steel braded made locally but they seem expensive. What other options do I have? Anything I can cut to length and use? Also looking for a air tank.

post-9172-0-98430000-1392401919_thumb.jp

ed it depends where you are using it if you have braded along the frame you can use plastic if its from a valve to a brake can you can use rubber. basically if it flexes use rubber if semi ridged use plastic REMEMBER ALL HOSE, OR TUBING MUST BE STAMPED FOR DOT USE. fittings also should be brass and dot approved

Good note everything must be DOT approved.

Interesting to know that way - how are things in your neck of the woods if a truck has original air lines made of copper 70 years ago?

For example a L-model or earlier?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vlad, my truck still runs most of the original copper lines. I don't know what DOT would say if I was actually using it commercially and had to get it inspected as such.

I had my original tank, but sent it off to Florida to a fellow needing one. Do you want original? If not, then try your local truck yard and find a nice alum tank. I replaced my single split tank with two small single tanks hanging on the side of the truck.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Larry, too hope you may own old vehicles with reasonable modifications with not much bullshit by the way.

We here getting more and more hard lows and limitations although it widely compensates by low level of control fasilitie's technical knowledge. Especially for old foriegn-built vehicles.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

we had guys using two wire braded hyd. hose for air lines on pup trailers and log trailers because its tougher than rubber braided hose 150 psi working pressure vs.2500 psi. But if it did not say dot approved they would be red tagged until (proper lines installed).......... but hey they know whats safe and whats best in adverse conditions! ( DUMB BASTARDS)