New York Macks 2

h

He has a few Mack's left a couple CL tractors and 3 Superliner tri axles and a Granite.the rest are KW and Pete's . I'm pretty sure The picture of Paul's Superliner is from Englishtown

WQhen I left it was MACKs only one or two Supeliners, B81 ten wheelers, R model tractors and ten wheeler, a few DM800's and Burly srs original B61.That was over 30 years ago.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I just traveled down Rt 12 last week and saw many interesting sights. I hope to make it back soon with my camera.

I traveled across rt 12 awhile back myself heading to watertown.....very nice scenery up there
  • Like 1

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

WQhen I left it was MACKs only one or two Supeliners, B81 ten wheelers, R model tractors and ten wheeler, a few DM800's and Burly srs original B61.That was over 30 years ago.

When I first started driving Sr. let me learn at some job sites he was working on with Strata back in the late 80 s. I left when the work went away. Came back all these years later and Jr is running things but quiet a few faces still around from the 80s

Local 282 Union Service

When I first started driving Sr. let me learn at some job sites he was working on with Strata back in the late 80 s. I left when the work went away. Came back all these years later and Jr is running things but quiet a few faces still around from the 80s

I left a little before my cousin Gene (Chubby) left to move up state. I went to work for senior painting his trucks and trailers and doing mechanical when slow. Used to dread having to go talk to Anne (?) in the office. Bob Slater was shop steward, Duane Dodd "the road worrier" kept me busy with damaged bumpers and hoods. Visits from Pete Horan always spiked up Burlys day. Good times. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Always Cerro Wire, DQ, Burger King went into where the Wetsons was on Jericho Turnpike in 1969. A 1960 Caddy still owned by the photog. and where the photographer was standing is now the center of the West bound Service road for the LIE. Thus concludes our tour of Robins Lane, tip cup at the exit. :):)

Ahh yes, Wetson's. The BK in Syosset was one of the first I'd ever seen. There was also a Wetson's on Old Country Rd @ Levittown Pkwy in Hicksville, which was our local store.

The Burger King I was referring to was a distribution center. It was set pretty far back off Robbins Lane and it's property bordered the LIE and the LIRR tracks. The distributor was named Disttron and they ran Ryder equipment-IH Transtar sleepers and Great Reefers, IIRC. The warehouse is still there but occupied by another business.

Jim

I left a little before my cousin Gene (Chubby) left to move up state. I went to work for senior painting his trucks and trailers and doing mechanical when slow. Used to dread having to go talk to Anne (?) in the office. Bob Slater was shop steward, Duane Dodd "the road worrier" kept me busy with damaged bumpers and hoods. Visits from Pete Horan always spiked up Burlys day. Good times. Paul

I see some of the KW tractors have memorial decals on the back cab window for your cousin and Wild Bill. Danny is the steward now

Local 282 Union Service

Is LP transportation still around? They ran R model sleepers which were a common sight back then.

yeah lp is around they have internationals freightliners and kw now. i saw a article about them in a trade magazine last yr . it said they used to have b an r macks but they switched because macks were to heavy .
  • Like 2