New York Macks 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2016 at 7:40 AM, Maddog13407 said:

unfortunately all the Estes trucks I have seen around here lately have lost their cool colors and gone to 'garbage truck white' with just red wheels and a yellow stripe

The Estes terminal next door to where I work has some new KW's, all with the old stripes. Maybe the units you saw were bought used or part of an acquisition?

Jim

Looks like a hand fabricated wrecker setup,good job though! Love the B73! Only truck I don't like is the midliner abortion,probably with the backasswords Renault Shifter.Had the thrill of delivering one a couple hundred miles to the Ryder shop in Pittsburgh.Don't believe they've earned the right to have the Mack name!

43 minutes ago, umodelnut said:

Yeah i agree id say newer cab also tan dash doesnt match them older style hubs. And looks like a DM frame also. 

Definitly a DM frame, must be a pretty early engine or whole running gear, has the old belt driven power steering pump.    terry

Some one did a really nice job either fitting the radiator unit or replacing the WARD 79 steel nose.  

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

They seem to be municipal / state Highway Dept. specs with the big radiator.

Town of Leyden on the N.Y. License Plate Tag.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE