REO Gold Comet F22?

Bigdogtrucker

Anybody know much about these?How are the engines,any parts around?

real good motor as long as you don't buy one in a big truck! the Gold Comet was a Zero engine the bore and stroke was the same! When I say big truck I mean they are a good motor for trucks like the one shown but Reo started to put the engine into bigger tandem's with 25 yd Leach garbage packers and also 12 yd dump bodys and that was the not what this engine was intended for! It is a short stroke motor and when you put a lotta weight behind it it over rides the gov. and over speed the engine and puts windows in the side of your motors! The USA bought a lot of these for the mult. so if you go on line I'm sure u will find some one with parts

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

My Mack EQSW log truck had one in it when I bought it and was a dam good egine.was the 160 hp model.5 speed clark trans and 9.02 ratio rears.lots of them out here years ago s/a pulling 35 ft trailers up 5 miles of 8-10% grade.Still have carb of it but gave engine to a guy in the interior of BC for spare.Nice find.

• Like 1

• 10 years later...