Where about in PA are you,I'm in Philly.I'm doing my B87 over,i've posted pic of it,it listed in this forum under B87 rebuild.It been awhile since I've posted any pic due to stay in the hospital.I removed the cab and then completely gutted the cab.Removed all tires and wheels,motor and trans,then sandblasted it all and then primed and painted it all.Would like to see your truck up close if your not that far.Mike Durkin

PM sent

Can anyone tell me if the pto speed varys depending on what gear you put the main box in?

If the PTO is on the back box,main box gear selection will change PTO speed along with RPM speed,if it is on the front box only RPM speed will change it. Terry

ooo nooo, that puts a screwing into the works. This project takes another blow!!

Anyone got a pto for the side of a quad box?

Or can you use the pto off the main box on the quad box?

((Ok scratch this I found out that the pto on the main box will work for what I need.))

As far as i know it was a dump truck. Theres a name on the door. i forgot to wright it down ill get it tomorrow.

I bought the below pos 5 ton wrecker.

-The doors didnt stay close when you drove it. Someone had cut the body reinforcements out of it.

-The engine had a bad cylinder or 2.

-They also cut one of the crossmembers off to put the wrecker body on the frame.

So the quest was to find a all around better donor driveline. Started with looking for a 5 ton wrecker driveline. Only ones i found where to far away a good price but shipping sucked.

So i bought the Black B81, driveline heavyer then the 5 ton.

Better motor then the crapy multifuel. (had one leave me sit on a 2.5 ton)

Way better transmission setup.

And the cab is much nicer then the military one.

Only con i guess you could say is not being six wheel drive.

post-2586-0-70245500-1378174536_thumb.jp

post-2586-0-15003400-1378174786_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Ok rails are cut. Welded a cross member up and installed it. Anyone know a good way to drill the holes open in the frame rails. It's eating my drill bits up.

I have 5/8 bolts holding it together but want 3/4 in it.

A reamer may be the way to go but not sure 100%. If drilling I'd use a mag drill if you can. Turn it slow, push to feed the drill in with good presure and use a good amount of oil on it. The frame is hard steel. Keep them sharp too if you have knowledge of sharpening bits.

Good luck. Keep the pics coming. You are really serious...should be a beauty when its done.

Greg

pretty much as Greg says maybe could reduce the bight on the drill ie maker the angle it cuts flatter so it bites less will help to reduce broken drill bits make sure the swarth coming off the drill bit is blue that way you no it is taking all the heat not the drill bit if the swarth is not blue you are going to slow and the drill bit will bite and break a lot easier good luck with it all

Paul

• Like 1

A Roto broch will go through that. My old place of work we used to go right through 1inch steel plate no problem with them and they were using a mag drill like you have Paul.they look like a end mill but there made like a hole saw the only thing is you will have to layout your holes because of there being no pilot drill like a hole saw.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...