Union pacific 4-8-8-4 Big boy will return home,rebuild and put under steam

Lmackattack

If you want to hear a steam buffs answer to being a railroad owner who gets bought out by a larger railroad check out this website. His name is Jerry Jacobson and his love of trains especially during the "golden era" of steam has lead him to construct a period correct roundhouse and back shop for servicing his private collection of steam locomotives and classic diesel engines...

I've been following the construction of the roundhouse through his website for the better part of five years, it's pretty fascinating and cool to watch of time.

http://www.ageofsteamroundhouse.com/index.html

Far as Model Railroading goes, I used to be pretty into it but about a year after I started with CSX the thrill was gone, I helped build a very large Model Railroad in Nolensville TN, attatched link, and there are some videos of my model railroad stuff on my youtube channel. I built a working coal flood loader using a Walthers flood loader kit and a radio control servo driver and two servos, the chute actually goes up and down and opens and closes to load the train, never finished it though.

http://laslrailroad.net/

http://www.youtube.com/user/502nuts/videos

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

J, I had Mack B's all over that layout, a couple disappeared and the club was changing their ways so I loaded up three boxes of trucks, trailers and rail cars and headed out. I only took the flat cars I could use in a newer era and it took three boxes. I left several coal hoppers and 40-50' flat and box cars there and had them change the ownership in the roster to a young kid that had been helping out. I really enjoyed the time I spent there building that layout and spent ridiculous amounts of my money on track and cork roadbed. As it happens most places when things become a "club" operation and there is an inner "click" in charge others are outcast or leave in anger like me.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

For all those that think steam is just for the real railroads look up "live steam" on YouTube, there are a few live steam railroads close to me it is crazy the engineering that goes into some of them.