2014 Granite Triaxle dump

Nice truck! How do you like the MP8 with the Allison?

So far so good I have 1 truck with a mack 10 spd , 1 with a fuller 8 spd and the 1 with an allison I must say I like the one with the allison the most i also have an 06 with a 427 and a allison in it but there is no comaprison.

It was easy thank god. The ride is more of a pain.

DMV any better in Trenton? I used to dread the thoughts of going up to that shithole! especially as its right in the "hood" Lol! i'm glad the ended up putting the regional sevice center down in West Deptford,lot closer to me,and lot easier people to deal with (for the truck stuff anyway)..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey now, I see your fleet up at Braen, I'll be on the lookout for this new one. I remember my cousin had to fight H&H for the big motor with his automatic, back then all they wanted to give you was the 350. Mack didn't want anybody blowing up the automatics. until they were sure that they would perform well. Then they could try 2 blow them up. lol They wanted the sale so he got his what was it 427? 454? it's when they first came out with the amatics. also I think he got a lower gear for low and reverse, similar to a low reduction. due to the full-time milling crew that he's on. also first thing he did was drop the atf and replace with synthetic atf. what a hassle mack gave him a hard time over that. and they wanted to void the warrentee because of that. I mean c'mon you would think they would be more then happy 4 him to do that ? go figure? It seemed like a 55 gallon drums worth of ATF. Around the time this all happened was when the automatic was just coming out in a big way and dealers had a few demonstrators they were loaning out to guys like veniero and none of his drivers wanted to drive it. I remember it was a blue cab with a Tony Sanchez installed body. It got passed around. the automatic just wouldn't move with a 350 power plant. One of the problems the automatic created was that now anybody that could hold a steering wheel and had a CDL could get a job driving a heavy-duty dump truck, No experience necessary.

anyway enjoy/goodluck and drive safe.

I think i'm mistaken about the lower first and reverse with the automatic?

i'm pretty sure that was done with a fuller 8 spd that my cuz ordered.

and that's why he liked the older r-models with the mud sticks they crawled along perfectly with any milling machine

ouch my clutch leg is charly horseing from just thinking about all that.

oh one more thing..........don't be surprised that u can't find the clutch pedal

when you come to red lights. . .lol

Edited by mackdumper

its a dirty job why do i like it so much?

and life ain't easy,when your fat and greasy

I forgot what the wheel base on this truck was have to look it up as for the price it was about $173k with an automatic, nicely equipped I actually was looking at a Cat truck at the wawa yesterday honestly there is no comaparison I would go for a mack. Just like if Mack came out with a backhoe or excavator I am sure not everyone is going to rush and by them Cat makes good machines but thats about it in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...