•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

05 cv713 gauges shut off while driving

• Please log in to reply
    5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Big Bear

Big Bear

Rookie

• Puppy Poster
    • Pip
    • 2 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:Granite
    • Year:2005

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hello first post to the boards I have an 05 granite tractor with intermittent gauge failure nothing in particular sets it off checked wires and plugs and found nothing any help is appreciated thanks

#2 OFFLINE   krismoriah

krismoriah

Old Iron Expert

• Porch Pup
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 96 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

Pull the gauge cluster from the dash...takes about 10 minutes once you find the right bit for your screwdriver.  There is a single plugin in the back of the cluster remove it and clean with contact cleaner, clean the plugin and the contact in the back of the cluster.  Apply some dielectric grease after cleaning then install the cluster back in the dash...this may fix your problem for hours, days, or weeks or more...i did this to my CV713 for a year about once a month...then ended up buying a new cluster...problem solved. So if the cleaning works for you, set back enough money for a cluster as the truck keeps working.  

#3 OFFLINE   redrider

redrider

First Gear

• Puppy Poster
    • PipPipPip
    • 14 posts
    • Model:CV713
    • Year:2003

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Sounds like you need a new cluster. The pins break off of the circuit board. Had the same problem with my '03cv713, tried everything with the plug, new cluster fixed it. Was about $600.

#4 OFFLINE   Big Bear

Big Bear

Rookie

• Puppy Poster
    • Pip
    • 2 posts
    • Model:Granite
    • Year:2005

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Thanks guys heard the ribbon wire is also sometimes the culprit

#5 OFFLINE   Cowboy_Customs

Cowboy_Customs

Rookie

• Puppy Poster
    • Pip
    • 3 posts
    • Model:Vision

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

Just out of curiosity here, the service bulletin for the 02 and earlier (03 maybe?) wont apply here? I ask because my truck at work is an 05 vision (sorry don't know my mack model numbers yet) and suffers from gauge drop out constantly, as does the 03 vision, and its not the first mack I have driven that has suffered from gauge drop out, a few granites did the same thing. Its getting irritating at this point.

#6 OFFLINE   Mackmaster862

Mackmaster862

Engine Started

• Puppy Poster
    • PipPip
    • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Seen it a lot definitely a pin loose on circuit board see it all the time but do make sure the the grounds are tight there is a bulletin for that take the wire terminals off the ground bolt and clean them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users