"Papa Thermodyne"-The B model motorhome

Where did "Papa Themodyne", the B model motorhome that the late Jim Etters' (founder of American Industrial Models)built,end up, anybody know? It was featured in an OVERDRIVE article in Nov. '81.There was a picture of it years ago in the "Double Clutch" ,while taking a tour with a bunch of other trucks. Haven't heard or read about it since. The article in OVERDRIVE showed how Jim built that thing in his backyard! Like his models,it was really thoughtfully planned out and well crafted.

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I don't know where it ended up,but I sure do miss restorations like that.He started with alot less than most any more call a parts truck,just a cab & frame.

Yea,and on top of that,did most of it outside (in PA)!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the info,Jim. Figured it had to be around somewhere. Thanks for the picture of the A & B Garage,Ken.They were usually in the BULLDOG for winning some kind of sales or service awards.Back when the :bulldog1: stood tall and proud!

Thanks for the info,Jim. Figured it had to be around somewhere. Thanks for the picture of the A & B Garage,Ken.They were usually in the BULLDOG for winning some kind of sales or service awards.Back when the :bulldog1: stood tall and proud!

Thanks! Not to get off subject, but it would be nice to see a Bulldog article (if one exists) on Martin's MHs.

Does anyone know of a Bulldog article index?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Found another article in the BULLDOG......

I remember talking with Jim on the phone back in the 80's.

We were talking about "F" models and he's the one that told me,

"On a quiet night in the summer, off in the distance, over the dull hum of the crickets, if you listened carefully enough you could hear an "F" model Mack rusting away"

Laughed my ass off and I don't think I'll ever forget it!

A really nice guy!

Ron

• Like 1

Out of likes,Ron! That's a good one,for sure! Ken don't know if there is an index or not.I have a bunch of 'em,I'll look for a Martin's article.There was a time when they were "loaded" with really good delivery pics & company stories. Gettin' ready to fire the scanner up for the MH stuff.Stand by!

• Like 2

I've pondered what an RW rv would look like, I've seen almost every variety of newer truck chassis with a nice rv body but not many older trucks. Wonder if there's a market for R,RW, KW W900A, Pete 359 and Ford LTL rv's? Hmmmmmm, maybe even an old General!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"