Priming The Fuel System

Lmackattack

the fuel tank will go on very soon and I want to start the engine as its been a long time sence its been ran. is it better for me to use a temp gallon jug filled with fuel held above the fuel filter to let gravity help prime the system? all the lines filter and pump are pretty dry or have old diesel in them and I am figuring trying to suck it up from the fuel tank will be hard on the starter if. there is a little hand primer pump on the feed line but it seams stuck as it likely was never used???

do I need to crack the injector lines also?? I figure i will to get all the air out??

any help will be great

Trent :)

Unhook the fuel going into the pump. Put an air hose into the fuel tank and hold a rag around it. (Don't hook the air hose up directly. You will build up way too much presure.) When you get fuel at the pump, hook the line back up to the pump. Crack the lines at the injectors and turn the engine over. When you get fuel to the injectors, close the lines and then try starting it.

sounds like a plan dave. thats how I got all the fuel out of the tanks when I removed them. Worked pretty good then. I will have a friend help me get her going. The hardest part is trying to do everything on your own. I filled her up with all the fluids tonight and mounted the fuel tank brackets. i pick up the 12v starter friday and might get her cranked over this weekend?? That is if i can PAY FOR FUEL!!!! LOL