•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Superliner Pumper

septic vacuum superliner restoration

• Please log in to reply
    33 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   roadusercharges

roadusercharges

roadusercharges

• Big Dog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 161 posts
    • Make:mack
    • Model:superliner
    • Year:1986

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

interesting to see the two little air deflectors on the roof, they went out of style back in 1982 here

#22 OFFLINE   DigDug

DigDug

BMT Veteran VIP

• Bulldog
    • 253 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

looks like frame primer to me,too.

Looks like gray paint to me and it peeled right off on the other side with the steam cleaner.   There is even lettering under the gray paint saying "sanitation ......."    .

#23 OFFLINE   GreenGiant2

GreenGiant2

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• BMT VIP
    • 1,079 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:DM 690
    • Year:1989

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

What other toys do you have

• DigDug likes this
    We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

#24 OFFLINE   DigDug

DigDug

BMT Veteran VIP

• Bulldog
    • 253 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Attached File  1356715607187.jpg   18.06KB   1 downloadsGreenGiant -   Im a little low on toys as I have sold alot and scrapped alot in the last 5yrs to stay alive up here.     But I have kept enough to do some little jobs which I enjoy anyways .    Here are some that I have and some I have sold in the last few years =  Case 445 tracked skidsteer , CAT D3G dozer ,  JCB backhoe 4x4   .   Excavators - Cat 205, Cat 312, Cat 315, Cat 320 , Case 9010 , Case 9020 , Kobelco 200 , Kobelco 250  , Dozers, Case 350 , Case 550 , John Deere 350 , Cat D5H, Cat D3C , Cat D3GL ,  Skidsteers, Toyota sk7 , Case 75, Case 445 , Cat 247 tracked ,  Loaders - JohnDeere 544 , Backhoes,  Case 580B , Case 580L 4wd, Case 580M 4wd, JCB 1550 ,  Road tractors,  2) Mack R models , CH613 , Frieghtliner, White Road Boss, Diamond Reo,   Dump Trucks =   Chevys, GMC Brigadier ,3)  Ford L8000 , Mack R model,  Mack DM,  , Septic Trucks - Chevy C70 , Ford L8000 , Mack SUperliner ,    Im sure I have forgotten some , but you get the picture .    I like trucks and equipment , we just need the economy to come back up here for some work.  Misc Chevy and GMC pick ups.    doug 

#25 OFFLINE   umodelnut

umodelnut

U685ST

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 7,946 posts
    • Model:U685ST-11692
    • Year:1975

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

attachicon.gif1356715607187.jpgGreenGiant -   Im a little low on toys as I have sold alot and scrapped alot in the last 5yrs to stay alive up here.     But I have kept enough to do some little jobs which I enjoy anyways .    Here are some that I have and some I have sold in the last few years =  Case 445 tracked skidsteer , CAT D3G dozer ,  JCB backhoe 4x4   .   Excavators - Cat 205, Cat 312, Cat 315, Cat 320 , Case 9010 , Case 9020 , Kobelco 200 , Kobelco 250  , Dozers, Case 350 , Case 550 , John Deere 350 , Cat D5H, Cat D3C , Cat D3GL ,  Skidsteers, Toyota sk7 , Case 75, Case 445 , Cat 247 tracked ,  Loaders - JohnDeere 544 , Backhoes,  Case 580B , Case 580L 4wd, Case 580M 4wd, JCB 1550 ,  Road tractors,  2) Mack R models , CH613 , Frieghtliner, White Road Boss, Diamond Reo,   Dump Trucks =   Chevys, GMC Brigadier ,3)  Ford L8000 , Mack R model,  Mack DM,  , Septic Trucks - Chevy C70 , Ford L8000 , Mack SUperliner ,    Im sure I have forgotten some , but you get the picture .    I like trucks and equipment , we just need the economy to come back up here for some work.  Misc Chevy and GMC pick ups.    doug 

I like them old Case Backhoes. Papa had a 580B, sold it a long time ago, now he has a 480B, sold it last week. Would love to see pictures of your other Macks.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

#26 OFFLINE   DigDug

DigDug

BMT Veteran VIP

• Bulldog
    • 253 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Ill try to scan some pics vinny.     

#27 OFFLINE   DigDug

DigDug

BMT Veteran VIP

• Bulldog
    • 253 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Question -    So the Superliner has a Mack eng, Mack trans, and Mack rears , why does it not have a Gold Bulldog on the hood?  Or better yet , should it?   

#28 OFFLINE   umodelnut

umodelnut

U685ST

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 7,946 posts
    • Model:U685ST-11692
    • Year:1975

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Question -    So the Superliner has a Mack eng, Mack trans, and Mack rears , why does it not have a Gold Bulldog on the hood?  Or better yet , should it?   

I think it should. My U model when we got it had a short eared silver dog. I got a long eared gold one for it.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

#29 OFFLINE   mackniac

mackniac

BMT Forum Guru

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 577 posts
    • Model:RD688S
    • Year:1990

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Many full Mack`s had the silver dawgs because some people liked the chrome more than gold , but as you can see GOLD is back !  My Mack is a full Mack that had a silver dawg and now I painted one GOLD to proudly instaled it on my hood and it looks a lot better ( my opinion) .

good luck with the Superliner , I would love to get one !!

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

#30 OFFLINE   farmer52

farmer52

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• BMT Benefactor
    • 4,306 posts
    • Model:MH612
    • Year:1992
    Contributor

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Mack quit using gold dogs in the late 80s.  My 92 had a chrome dog....corrected the error...now has a GOLD dog.

Ken
    HOF City, PRR Country, and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

#31 OFFLINE   Vladislav

Vladislav

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 2,366 posts
    • Model:R688, NR14, NM6
    • Year:1988,1945,1944

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

I'm shure that Superliner is good addition to your collection. Or more correctly to say, to your working order.

Have a fun with it!

Still looking for a pair of 7.32 rears

#32 OFFLINE   Pawel

Pawel

BMT Veteran VIP

• Bulldog
    • 356 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

I believe the gold bulldog was only factory installed on the V8 engined trucks. Of course you put whatever you want on your truck. Good luck with this baby, have a nice day

Paweł

#33 OFFLINE   jeffbyrne

jeffbyrne

observer

• Big Dog
    • 227 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

The Gold Dog was originally for the Maxidyne, from about 1966 through to when Mack stopped using the Gold Dog, maybe mid 80's.
    Around the early to mid 90's the Gold Dog started to re-appear on the Mack Elite range.
    1966 to the 80's = Maxidyne equipped trucks.
    Mid 90's to present = Elite range of trucks, all Mack built trucks, engine,gearbox and diffs.
    The E6-350 is a Thermodyne, that is a Chrome Dog.
    • Vladislav likes this

#34 OFFLINE   DigDug

DigDug

BMT Veteran VIP

• Bulldog
    • 253 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for all the dog info !      Sounds like im leaving it chrome if that was the correct installation.   doug

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: septic, vacuum, superliner, restoration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users