Superliner Pumper

DigDug

Ive never done a long restoration thread but wanted to tell the story of a truck that I want to get back to tip top shape with you guys help. I have alot of questions . Im not to handy with the ladys or electronic devices so bear with me on the pics etc.

It is a 1986 Mack Superliner RW713 , E6 350 , Maxitorque? 12spd., 44k rears . I have only owned truck for less than a week. Still learning about it , past owner told me 44 rears. I have to get the VIN# on here and get the specs. I hope to write the Mack Museum for any history on truck . Here are some pic that were posted by past owner on Craigslist before I bought it. dougpost-1441-0-18358500-1356744340_thumb.jppost-1441-0-74291000-1356744385_thumb.jppost-1441-0-91560700-1356744418_thumb.jppost-1441-0-33513300-1356744467_thumb.jp

I love it! Can't wait to watch this restoration. What part of Maine are you in?

Im in New Gloucester, Maine 04260 approx 30mins north of Portland.

hey digdug, do you take it to a treatment plant or land spread, we could land spread and store it in the winter. had some that had to do to treatment plant

Yes, treatment plant to dump. Ive been planning for years to make a small treatment plant or try to land spread but havent got past the red tape yet.

post-1441-0-02308200-1356746233_thumb.jpSO it goes like this. I have always had a small 2000gal pumper truck and wanted to have a second larger truck for big pump outs and transporting loads to plant to dispose. I have been bidding and searching for a Mack MR for awhile when I came upon the Superliner in the "Pumper" trade magazine . The add had no pics so I emailed ad and asked for pics. That night the owner sent me the above pics . Within minutes I returned a email asking to come look at it. The truck was located in Plymouth Mass or Cape Cod area approx 3+ hours south of me. After two days I didnt hear back and figured he sold it. I called the number in the email and left message. I was actually on the computer looking at a MR on a Copart auction in Long Island , NY when the phone rang and seller said yes come take a look. I told him I would head out right now. Kinda asked wifey to go and drive my truck back if I bought it but she couldnt go as it was our family Christmas Party that night (saturday) and she had already baked food and kids were waiting to go. So I grabbed a big stoggie and hit the highway south. It was a few days before christmas and the roads were jammed around Boston it actually took me 8hrs round trip. So I got there and looked over truck , liked it , negoitiated a few less thousand on the price and said I will be back tomorrow morning (Sunday)with a driver .

post-1441-0-89739200-1356748125_thumb.jpSo on the ride home from Mass I got to play with the new CObra 29LX? I just put in the pickup and call around to see who is going with me in the morning to get truck home. My son Connor (19yrs old) said he would go . I told him we were leaving at 4 a.m. and to make sure he had his arse out of bed becuase I had to be back home at 11:00am to take wifey to Bangor (2hrs North of home) to see my father inlaw who is signing off shortly with cancer (god rest his soul). I feel bad for raising my voice to Connor and telling him 3 times to make sure hes up on time because at 3:55am I feel someone tapping on my back and telling me to wake up. WTF ! I overslept ! Thankful for him he was all dressed with coffee pot on and my truck running. We left the house and pinned it for Plymouth Mass. We were there in about 3 hours as the traffic was nil. I checked the oil and fuel then started the ole girl up . It was 29 degrees out and it started up nicely and sounded gooood . We were ready to head'er up the pike to home. One last instruction for my son was to call me on cell if he hears any chatter on the CB about any truck cops or scale houses open so I can yard this rig off the highway quickly. Seems it was not registered or insured or stickered or log book or etc , etc. I had better be careful. So here are a few pics of heading north entering Boston and the BigDIg and leaving Boston on the Tobin Bridge. doug

• Like 2

post-1441-0-11723700-1356750503_thumb.jppost-1441-0-92574300-1356750542_thumb.jpSo I get the truck home and back it in the yard. I feel it may need main bearings in trans , trunion bushings, new tires, etc . and look forward to fixing it up . Its going to be a few days before i can get it in the garage as its Christmas time and I will be busy for a day or two.

• Like 1

So after Christmas I get it in the garage and spend a few minutes looking it over. Looking at all the stuff I have to fix and figuring out what color I am painting it. I want it to match my other pumper which is white cab and red tank. But I am partial to all red in the past. I am finding that after powerwashing the the black is peeling off the frame and the frame and cab were originally red. Its a little cramped in the garage but I tell myself its better than doing it out in the driveway like years past. haha post-1441-0-78512900-1356750916_thumb.jppost-1441-0-74702300-1356750947_thumb.jppost-1441-0-56137300-1356750979_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Uh oh.... sounds like your in Daryl Gushee territory.

Looking forward to observing your new adventure.

I saw the truck on CL and thought it looked good with nice specs. I have no use for the tank or pump so I would have to remove to make a tractor out of it with wet line.

Typical deal no extra money for another toy and no room to store.

Keep us posted.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

post-1441-0-08908300-1356827115_thumb.jppost-1441-0-50616200-1356827145_thumb.jpSo sprayed it down with some degreaser and wanted to give it a good steam cleaning. Steam cleaner wouldnt work , hardly any pressure , just my luck ! One more thing on my list to fix. Im having to think about what to do with the frame now as what little pissed out of the washer peeled the black paint off the frame and showed it was red originally. Im a little bumming and a little excited as I am a red freak at heart but the thought of stripping the frame and axles is daunting. I will also have to strip the tank down completely with sand blaster because the paint peeled off as I was removing the vinyl lettering exposing at least two paint jobs. Here is pic of red showing through and the lettering removal. doug

post-1441-0-88362600-1356827759_thumb.jpSerial # 1M2AY10Y0GM001754 1986 MACK RW713 , cant read the tag on door for axle weights and havent looked for info off from axles. Can someone tell from the serial # ? I did notice the rear rear has alot of gear oil running down from top this will definately need attention. I am thinking more and more I will take the tank off to aid in the resto. Thanks, doug

P.S.- When writing to MACK museum for history does one generally include a donations for the help or what do you guys do?

P.S.- When writing to MACK museum for history does one generally include a donations for the help or what do you guys do?

Yup, that is the deal. Send a check with your truck info and what you get back will be well worth it.

The info back from the museum may take a little time depending on how busy they are but it is still worth the wait.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

post-1441-0-84289300-1356910401.jpgGreenGiant - Im a little low on toys as I have sold alot and scrapped alot in the last 5yrs to stay alive up here. But I have kept enough to do some little jobs which I enjoy anyways . Here are some that I have and some I have sold in the last few years = Case 445 tracked skidsteer , CAT D3G dozer , JCB backhoe 4x4 . Excavators - Cat 205, Cat 312, Cat 315, Cat 320 , Case 9010 , Case 9020 , Kobelco 200 , Kobelco 250 , Dozers, Case 350 , Case 550 , John Deere 350 , Cat D5H, Cat D3C , Cat D3GL , Skidsteers, Toyota sk7 , Case 75, Case 445 , Cat 247 tracked , Loaders - JohnDeere 544 , Backhoes, Case 580B , Case 580L 4wd, Case 580M 4wd, JCB 1550 , Road tractors, 2) Mack R models , CH613 , Frieghtliner, White Road Boss, Diamond Reo, Dump Trucks = Chevys, GMC Brigadier ,3) Ford L8000 , Mack R model, Mack DM, , Septic Trucks - Chevy C70 , Ford L8000 , Mack SUperliner , Im sure I have forgotten some , but you get the picture . I like trucks and equipment , we just need the economy to come back up here for some work. Misc Chevy and GMC pick ups. doug

attachicon.gif1356715607187.jpgGreenGiant - Im a little low on toys as I have sold alot and scrapped alot in the last 5yrs to stay alive up here. But I have kept enough to do some little jobs which I enjoy anyways . Here are some that I have and some I have sold in the last few years = Case 445 tracked skidsteer , CAT D3G dozer , JCB backhoe 4x4 . Excavators - Cat 205, Cat 312, Cat 315, Cat 320 , Case 9010 , Case 9020 , Kobelco 200 , Kobelco 250 , Dozers, Case 350 , Case 550 , John Deere 350 , Cat D5H, Cat D3C , Cat D3GL , Skidsteers, Toyota sk7 , Case 75, Case 445 , Cat 247 tracked , Loaders - JohnDeere 544 , Backhoes, Case 580B , Case 580L 4wd, Case 580M 4wd, JCB 1550 , Road tractors, 2) Mack R models , CH613 , Frieghtliner, White Road Boss, Diamond Reo, Dump Trucks = Chevys, GMC Brigadier ,3) Ford L8000 , Mack R model, Mack DM, , Septic Trucks - Chevy C70 , Ford L8000 , Mack SUperliner , Im sure I have forgotten some , but you get the picture . I like trucks and equipment , we just need the economy to come back up here for some work. Misc Chevy and GMC pick ups. doug

I like them old Case Backhoes. Papa had a 580B, sold it a long time ago, now he has a 480B, sold it last week. Would love to see pictures of your other Macks.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg