Chicago R models

6 hours ago, Lmackattack said:

Give him a break....he just thought it was a side dump.

Here is a pic of his brother

20170714_111349.jpg

Who needs a lift in their shop,with talent like that? That's the 3rd pic in the last couple  of  years  I have seen where guys have done that. I'm  sure  there were more  but like the drivers,they too were undocumented.  Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

9 minutes ago, Lmackattack said:

he forgot to unlock the tail gate. when the box is almost all the way up the weight of the load goes over center of the trailer tandems and lifts the tractor

Thanks couldn't put it together in my head.   I've never been around frameless dumps, my dad only had frame type.   

the ones I've seen, you can dig the material out with an excavator, and gently push on the floor with the bucket and it will sit back down. the ones with the draft arms backwards into the suspension of the tractor don't usually "gently" come down

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nobody454 said:

the ones I've seen, you can dig the material out with an excavator, and gently push on the floor with the bucket and it will sit back down. the ones with the draft arms backwards into the suspension of the tractor don't usually "gently" come down

Or sometimes you get a real dumb ass that has left the lever down in the down position draining all the oil from the hoist. I seen one do this as they  pulled it forward with a chain with no oil in the hoist the box slams down pushing the tractor into what they are pulling it forward with it was pretty comical for me and real costly for the owner of the truck. All I could do is shake my head in disbelief and remind myself these people drive the same roads as my wife and kids.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...