Chicago R models

Separated by more than 50 years.

Kamp Trucks.JPG

Does  anybody  know,was that dry air cleaner (on the B), a factory  option or a retrofit? I have seen a couple,but that's  all. Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Got to see the sharp ch and nice flatbed for stork mack delivering  block at the new black well  shop for dupage  forest preserve  we re doing  the site and pipe and footings  asked the driver if he wanted to switch trucks  and he said no lol I was hauling stone in and fill out with the  RD

Do you guys remember the steel hauling outfit in gary  ind called artim they ran r models and short flat beds hauling steel to aurora cat

Yes I do mackey. They were on a BULLDOG  magazine  cover with a gold/white R model in the '70's . They later had some  Cruise-Liners too. A driver that worked  where I did in '79,would  run lowboy  for us during  the construction  season, then  run  for  Artim during  the  winter. Altutorials-10018-0-45927900-1450891972.thumb.jpg.633f169e69522567084f195862f23608.jpgtutorials-10018-0-43098400-1450891978.thumb.jpg.3a5fa0b9e51d039174b2a7eb06cdee31.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I seen hager excavating s superliner that was ruffolo with the e9 in it I was empty  way ahead of him he was loaded with 3in maybe he wanted to stay out of the mighty em6 300 l smoke cloud lol.his is s nice truck also that dump in aurora  was a swamp. This morning 

57 minutes ago, Nobody454 said:

look at this custom vision i saw at the dump today...must be a joint venture with navistar...never saw an international bumper on a mack before!

20170911_152609.jpg

That truck comes in our concrete yard a lot that's the third or fourth bumper I have seen on that truck in a couple years. Just like our south of the border owner operators in my neck of the woods their requirements for a truck is it has to have a jake brake and twin stacks preferably six inches in diameter that look like a pair of chrome plated culverts strapped to the cab. Oh and lets not forget the huge air dam chrome bumper preferably bent and straightened out on both sides I even saw one with clearance lights lined across the crease to try to hide it.

In 1979 and 1980 I worked on the big I-94 (Edens) rebuilding project. Most dumps were Mack (R and still a lot of B's back then). What I recall best is the everyone made good money. What has happened to the Chicago area? Pure greed did in a lot of contractors (Orange Crush) and others, but why is all this junk on the roads?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mackey58 said:

I get pulled over for not taping the last load of the day cause the swith broke yet I see the so of the border or other  euro shit not tarp and there tailgate s leaking like there spreading stone wtf

You have to use their tactics your the minority now so start screaming discrimination but I doubt it would do you any good like it works for them.

5 hours ago, Nobody454 said:

look at this custom vision i saw at the dump today...must be a joint venture with navistar...never saw an international bumper on a mack before!

20170911_152609.jpg

At least it has a smile on it's  face! It kind of looks like something off of Disney's "Cars" or maybe  "MACK-sumum  Overdrive"!  LOL!       Al  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TS7 said:

In 1979 and 1980 I worked on the big I-94 (Edens) rebuilding project. Most dumps were Mack (R and still a lot of B's back then). What I recall best is the everyone made good money. What has happened to the Chicago area? Pure greed did in a lot of contractors (Orange Crush) and others, but why is all this junk on the roads?

all this junk is on the road because all the big guys have figured out that they can charge $125 HR for a truck and find some dummy who thinks he is making good money @ $70 but cant buy the right bumper for his truck. So the big guys sit in the office making all the $$$ not owning any trucks...and the poor saps that run for them make NOTHING

just my 2 cents